Mike Stephen > Brodies LLP > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Brodies LLP Offices
15 ATHOLL CRESCENT
- Go to...
Mike has over 30 years’ experience of commercial real estate across a broad spectrum of work streams, specialising in all aspects of real estate development and investment work. Mike represents a number of City-based investors, including pension funds, investment companies and property asset managers. Mike plays a key role advising many of the firm’s public sector clients including various NDPBs, local authorities and the Scottish Government.
On the development / investment front Mike has considerable experience of joint venture, partnership and collaboration agreements and in working on forward fund and strip lease structures. He acts for a number of developer and investors, ranging from the locally-based and national housebuilders to overseas investment funds and local authorities. He has acted for residential developers and landowners in complex residential developments and for a variety of commercial developers in mixed use development projects, including major city centre redevelopments.
Mike also acts for the UK’s largest forest investors and has been involved in a number of high-profile cross-border forestry investments.
Articled Clark & Wallace, Aberdeen; qualified 1989; assistant Bird Semple Fyfe Ireland; associate Fyfe Ireland WS; partner Fyfe Ireland WS 1995; partner Brodies LLP 2005.
Law Society of Scotland.
Perth Academy; Dundee University (1986 LLB Hons; 1987 DipLP).
Hill walking/climbing, cycling.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Medical negligence: defender
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Public sector > Parliamentary and public affairs
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Finance > Investment funds
- Employment > Pensions
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport