Mike Stephen > Brodies LLP > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Brodies LLP Offices
15 ATHOLL CRESCENT
- Go to...
Partner specialising in investment and development work with particular focus on residential development, joint venture and partnering work.
Articled Clark & Wallace, Aberdeen; qualified 1989; assistant Bird Semple Fyfe Ireland; associate Fyfe Ireland WS; partner Fyfe Ireland WS 1995; partner Brodies LLP 2005.
Law Society of Scotland.
Perth Academy; Dundee University (1986 LLB Hons; 1987 DipLP).
Hill walking/climbing, cycling.
Known for their ‘can-do attitude and commitment to tight timescales’, the agriculture and estates team at Brodies LLP has particular expertise in negotiating contracts related to complex tenancy arrangements, having acted on behalf of both landlords and tenants. The firm is experienced in advising on high value agricultural land transactions, expertly handling the sale of both portfolios and of entire estates, including those with complexities related to crofting and Udal law. Practice head Clive Phillips is himself the owner of a family farm, while fellow senior partner Odell Milne brings decades of experience to bear. Mike Stephen and Graeme Leith handle forestry mandates, a growing area of activity in Scotland.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Medical negligence: defender
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Public sector > Parliamentary and public affairs
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Finance > Investment funds
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport