Brenda Scott > Brodies LLP > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Brodies LLP Offices
15 ATHOLL CRESCENT
- Go to...
Corporate and commercial.
Brenda is an experienced corporate and commercial lawyer. Her practice focuses on corporate governance, education and charities. She is a great lateral thinker and gives assured incisive advice.
Brenda leads Brodies’ education team acting for many clients across the education sector which is described in Legal 500 as a ‘responsive‘ team regularly advises higher and further education sector clients as well as local authorities and government agencies on various governance structures, including new governance arrangements and sensitive reputational matters, sector-specific employment, immigration and corporate issues.
Trained Brodies LLP; qualified 1993; partner 1999.
University of Edinburgh (1990 LLB Hons; 1991 Dip LP).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading Individuals)
At Brodies LLP, the market leading education practice is frequently instructed by leading universities in Scotland on several employment, governance and regulatory issues, including serious misconduct and sensitive student matters. Jointly managed by Brenda Scott and Niall McLean who is active in contentious work, the team is also well placed to handle immigration related education mandates and construction related disputes, underpinned by its strong dispute resolution group. Lynne Marr is the key contact for employment law for higher education and independent schools. The team regularly works with its government and regulation practice groups.
Brodies LLP maintains a stellar track record in the not-for-profit space acting for an impressive roster of Scottish and UK charities, including Turning Point Scotland, and the Scottish Charity Regulator. The full-service group which has an extensive geographical reach across key cities in Scotland, is jointly managed by experienced charities law practitioner Kenneth Pinkerton, who was elevated to the partnership this year, Brenda Scott and Eric Galbraith in Glasgow. Contentious issues are dealt with by litigator Christine O’Neill. Also in the core team is Martin Sloan who advises on data protection matters, and employment lawyer Lynne Marr. The group holds various higher education institutions and local governments as key clients.
- Charities and not-for-profit - Scotland > Private client
- Education - Scotland > Public sector
- Leading Individuals - Scotland > Public sector > Education
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Medical negligence: defender
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Public sector > Parliamentary and public affairs
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Environment
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Finance > Investment funds
- Employment > Pensions
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport