Andrew Akintewe > Brodies LLP > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Brodies LLP Offices
15 ATHOLL CRESCENT
- Go to...
Andrew specialises in corporate finance and investment funds work. He has extensive experience advising a diverse client base of corporates, investment managers and banks on corporate transactions; the formation and operation of investment fund structures; financial regulation and other advisory work. His expertise covers limited partnerships and other private fund vehicles, as well as London Stock Exchange quoted investment companies. Andrew has worked in-house with a major financial institution.
Trained Shepherd + Wedderburn; qualified 2003; legal adviser Royal Bank of Scotland plc 2003-05; Brodies LLP 2005 to date, partner 2013.
Oundle School; University of Edinburgh (MA; LLB; Dip LP).
Enjoys travel, scuba diving, gym, golf.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Brodies LLP‘s team, led by Andrew Akintewe, advises on all aspects of investment fund structures and terms including investment companies and unit trusts, offshore vehicles including protected cell companies, classic partnerships and LLPs. Karen Fountain is singled out by clients for ‘using her knowledge in a pragmatic manner‘, and Paul McLaughlin specialises in the various uses of LLPs, general partnerships and SLPs.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Human resources > Employment
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Medical negligence: defender
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Public sector > Parliamentary and public affairs
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Finance > Investment funds
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Human resources > Pensions
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport