Colin Morrison > Brodies LLP > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Brodies LLP Offices
15 ATHOLL CRESCENT
- Go to...
Partner in Brodies’ real estate team. Head of retail and head of hotels, involved in full spectrum of commercial property work and high-value cross-border property contracts.
Trained Archibald, Campbell & Harley WS; qualified 1996; assistant Brodies LLP 1995-99; associate 1999-2001; partner 2001.
Law Society of Scotland. Associate member British Council of Shopping Centres.
George Heriots School, Edinburgh; University of Aberdeen (LLB Hons; Dip LP).
Soul music, travel, watching and playing football, skiing.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Brodies LLP continues to perform well in emerging sectors of the commercial property industry and has been involved in many recently announced build-to-rent projects. The firm has dedicated practitioners focusing on the investment, development, hotels, retail and leisure, and housebuilding sectors. On the leisure and hospitality side, the team is active in finance, real estate, private equity investment, hotel management agreements, construction, financing and licensing matters. In the retail arena, the practice acts for blue- chip clients on corporate and real estate transactions. Johane Murray is the overall head of the real estate practice. Colin Morrison heads up the hotels and leisure & retail groups. Managing partner Nick Scott continues to provide strategic advice to key clients. James Roscoe is recommended for investment matters, forward funding and development deals, and property finance. Elaine Farquharson-Black joined from Burness Paull LLP, while Graeme Leith was promoted to partner. In other developments, Robert Forman departed for Burges Salmon LLP and Kevin McGlone moved to DWF.
- Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow - Scotland > Real estate
- Leading individuals - Scotland > Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Medical negligence: defender
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Public sector > Parliamentary and public affairs
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Finance > Investment funds
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport