William Mcintosh > Brodies LLP > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Brodies LLP Offices
15 ATHOLL CRESCENT
- Go to...
Corporate partner at Brodies. Winner of ‘Corporate Lawyer of the Year’ at Legal Awards of Scotland 2009/10. Corporate and IP lawyer with considerable experience of cross-border work, having also practised in France and the UK. Specialises in mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and intellectual property, with involvement in some of Scotland’s landmark life sciences deals, and thought-leader in the commercial exploitation of Scotland’s technology base. Through involvement with Scotland’s leading universities and various best-practice initiatives, he is also a specialist in education law. Formerly he worked in an M&A and VC niche practice in France and participated in some of Europe’s largest deals in the relevant industry sectors at the time and continues to be actively engaged in cross-border M&A and technology deals.
Trained Lindsays, Edinburgh; qualified 1994; Poitrinal & Associés, Paris 1995-99; Lindsays 1999-2010; partner Brodies LLP 2010 to present. In addition to regular articles on the exploitation of Scotland’s technology base, William initiated and co-wrote a series of reports on commercialisation best practice within the university sectors, including the ‘Report on University Technology Transfer Policies and Practices’ which has been widely disseminated within university technology transfer circles. Director and vice-president of the Franco-Scottish Business Club Limited.
Franco-Scottish Business Club Limited; Franco-British Lawyers’ Society.
Ampleforth College, Yorkshire; University of Edinburgh (1992 LLB Hons); University of Edinburgh (1993 diploma in Legal Practice).
Telemark skiing, canoeing, scuba diving, climbing, fly fishing, member of the British Hand Gliding and Paragliding Association.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Brodies LLP handles an impressive range of national and international deals from its offices in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen. Acting for private and public companies, institutions, high-net-worth individuals and third sector clients, the firm advises on M&A, equity investments, joint ventures, corporate governance and business-critical commercial matters. Shuna Stirling heads the team with experience in a wide variety of sectors including food and drink, manufacturing, healthcare, leisure and hospitality, and real estate. William Mcintosh is recommended for private equity and venture capital matters; Julian Voge has over 30 years’ experience in corporate matters; David Lightbody is also recommended. David Gallagher joined in Glasgow from an in-house role at TC BioPharm.
Brodies LLP acts for an extensive roster of further education and higher education sector clients alongside local authorities and other public sector bodies, who benefit from the firm’s wide-ranging education sector expertise. Brenda Scott and William McIntosh are among the key contacts and specialise in sector-specific commercial and corporate work but the group’s expertise also extends to employment and immigration law issues, governance, construction and student matters, including associated disputes. In September 2019, Ken Ross joined from Harper Macleod LLP, increasing the practice’s bench strength in sector-specific developments and projects.
- Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow - Scotland > Corporate and commercial
- Education - Scotland > Public sector
- Leading individuals - Scotland > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Medical negligence: defender
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Public sector > Parliamentary and public affairs
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Finance > Investment funds
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport