William Mcintosh > Brodies LLP > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Brodies LLP Offices
15 ATHOLL CRESCENT
- Go to...
Corporate partner at Brodies. Winner of ‘Corporate Lawyer of the Year’ at Legal Awards of Scotland 2009/10. Corporate and IP lawyer with considerable experience of cross-border work, having also practised in France and the UK. Specialises in mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and intellectual property, with involvement in some of Scotland’s landmark life sciences deals, and thought-leader in the commercial exploitation of Scotland’s technology base. Through involvement with Scotland’s leading universities and various best-practice initiatives, he is also a specialist in education law. Formerly he worked in an M&A and VC niche practice in France and participated in some of Europe’s largest deals in the relevant industry sectors at the time and continues to be actively engaged in cross-border M&A and technology deals.
Trained Lindsays, Edinburgh; qualified 1994; Poitrinal & Associés, Paris 1995-99; Lindsays 1999-2010; partner Brodies LLP 2010 to present. In addition to regular articles on the exploitation of Scotland’s technology base, William initiated and co-wrote a series of reports on commercialisation best practice within the university sectors, including the ‘Report on University Technology Transfer Policies and Practices’ which has been widely disseminated within university technology transfer circles. Director and vice-president of the Franco-Scottish Business Club Limited.
Franco-Scottish Business Club Limited; Franco-British Lawyers’ Society.
Ampleforth College, Yorkshire; University of Edinburgh (1992 LLB Hons); University of Edinburgh (1993 diploma in Legal Practice).
Telemark skiing, canoeing, scuba diving, climbing, fly fishing, member of the British Hand Gliding and Paragliding Association.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The corporate team at Brodies LLP is spread across Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen and advises its stellar client base on domestic and international transactions across a wide range of industry sectors. Already recognised as an established staple in the Scottish corporate space, the Brodies offering recently expanded its senior ranks through the promotion to partner of David Lightbody in Edinburgh. Shuna Stirling leads the team, which also includes Julian Voge and William Mcintosh.
- Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow - Scotland > Corporate and commercial
- Leading individuals - Scotland > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Human resources > Employment
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Medical negligence: defender
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Public sector > Parliamentary and public affairs
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Finance > Investment funds
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Human resources > Pensions
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport