Philip Hunter > Brodies LLP > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Brodies LLP Offices
15 ATHOLL CRESCENT
- Go to...
Phil is a partner based in the real estate department. Qualified in both Scotland and England, Phil specialises in property investment, property finance, property aspects of insolvency and corporate restructuring, and cross-border transactions. He also heads the firm’s environmental law practice, and provides advice in the context of property transactions.
Trained Brodies LLP, qualified 2001; partner 2008.
UK Environmental Law Association.
Law Society of Scotland
Covering a broad field of contentious and non-contentious environmental law work, Brodies LLP‘s ‘attentive, knowledgeable and practical‘ team handles frequent contaminated land-related instructions alongside energy, mineral, chemicals and waste sector matters, including various regulatory issues, environmental impact assessments and risk management. Philip Hunter is the main contact.
HWL Ebsworth is home to a ‘very strong marine practice with depth of knowledge across all relevant areas’. Spread across the entirety of Australia, the practice handles marine insurance, ship finance, construction, international maritime arbitrations and government regulatory work. Simon Liddy operates from Sydney with particular expertise in large-scale incidents involving multiple claimants, particularly in relation to passenger vessels. National head of transport Joe Hurley is likewise based in Sydney and advises on front end shipping and trade commercial matters in addition to running an extensive disputes practice. Philip Hunter, Tony Morgan, Luke Taylor, Keith Thomas and Jesper Martens are the team heads and the various other national offices. Numerous P&I clubs form the client roster.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Human resources > Employment
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Medical negligence: defender
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Public sector > Parliamentary and public affairs
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Finance > Investment funds
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Human resources > Pensions
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport