Joyce Cullen > Brodies LLP > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Brodies LLP Offices
15 ATHOLL CRESCENT
- Go to...
Litigation and employment.
Partner; solicitor-advocate specialising in commercial litigation and employment law; accredited by the Law Society of Scotland as an employment specialist and has a reputation as one of Scotland’s most highly-regarded litigators. Trained as a mediator.
Qualified 1981; assistant solicitor Brodies LLP 1981-86; partner since 1986; chairman from 2005-13; accredited as a specialist in employment law 1995; solicitor-advocate 1995; contributor to the chapter on ‘Directors’ Contracts’ in Tolley’s ‘Employment and Personnel Procedures Manual’. Member, General Teaching Council, Scotland 1998-2006.
Employment Law Group; Employment Lawyers Association; Institute of Directors; Chamber of Commerce; convenor Law Society Employment Law Committee; Scottish chair Two Percent Club Standing Group; governor The New School Butterstone.
Leith Academy, Edinburgh; Dundee University (LLB).
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Brodies LLP is a respected player in the commercial litigation market with a broad public and private sector client base, which also benefits from the team’s capabilities in alternative dispute resolution (ADR). Its workload spans all sectors but recently the team has been particularly active in the construction, manufacturing, IT, energy and oil and gas industries. Tony Jones QC is the key contact for the first mentioned segment. Alongside construction law, he is also known for his expertise in professional negligence, while Iain Rutherford focuses on IT and outsourcing, corporate and energy disputes. He receives regular support from associate and IT dispute specialist Monica Connolly. The practice is jointly led by Stephen Goldie, who is well versed in handling high-value contractual interpretation disputes, and head of the banking and financial services litigation team Joyce Cullen.
- Commercial litigation - Scotland > Dispute resolution
- Hall of Fame - Scotland > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Leading individuals - Scotland > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Medical negligence: defender
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Public sector > Parliamentary and public affairs
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Finance > Investment funds
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport