Grant Campbell > Brodies LLP > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Brodies LLP Offices
15 ATHOLL CRESCENT
- Go to...
Partner and head of the firm’s commercial and specialist services group; an experienced commercial contracts lawyer whose practice area covers technology procurement (including IT outsourcing), e-commerce and procurement, data protection and freedom of information, intellectual property (copyright, trade mark, design and patent work), and technology and intellectual property risk management advice. Accredited as a specialist in intellectual property law by the Law Society of Scotland.
Trained as Isle of Man Advocate with Messrs Cains 1988-93; Brodies LLP 1994 to date, qualified as Scottish solicitor and English solicitor (non-practising); partner 2000.
Law Society of Scotland, accredited intellectual property specialist; member of the accreditation panel for freedom of information and data protection law.
Carnoustie High School; University of Dundee, LLB (qualifying English Law with distinction); University of Edinburgh, diploma in legal practice.
The dedicated IP, technology and outsourcing team at Brodies LLP provides advice on contentious and non-contentious IP issues, including regulatory issues, protection work, commercialisation mandates and enforcement matters. It acts for domestic and international companies in the oil and gas, renewables, IT, food and drink, engineering, aviation and pharmaceuticals sectors. Grant Campbell heads up the non-contentious side, whilst the contentious practice is led by Iain Rutherford. David Gallagher joined from an in-house role at TC BioPharm Limited. Robert Buchan retired and senior associate Shona Tennant left for an in-house role at William Grant & Sons Company.
Brodies LLP is regularly instructed by magic circle and leading US firms to advise on the Scottish law elements of global projects and to advise multi-national companies on Scottish projects. Areas of focus include data protection projects, outsourcings, telecoms issues and new technology mandates. The team is also active in contentious IT matters, and has a strong focus on the financial services sector; it also has expertise in the public, energy, aviation and defence sectors. Martin Sloan co-heads the team and is recommended for financial services technology procurement mandates. Grant Campbell also heads up the team, and David Gallagher joined from an in-house role at TC BioPharm.
- Intellectual property - Scotland > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- IT and telecoms - Scotland > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Medical negligence: defender
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Public sector > Parliamentary and public affairs
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Finance > Investment funds
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport