Susanne Batchelor > Brodies LLP > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Brodies LLP Offices
15 ATHOLL CRESCENT
- Go to...
Partner in the personal and family team. highly experienced dealing with a broad range of private client work for high-net worth individuals, specialising in estate and succession planning and inheritance tax advice. Accredited specialist in trust law and a recognised expert throughout the UK in setting up family limited partnerships. Other areas of interest include charity law, powers of attorney, guardianship and intervention orders, planning for care costs and the administration of executries.
Trained A & W M Urquhart Solicitors; qualified 1999; Anderson Strathern 1999; Murray Beith Murray 2003, associate 2004; associate Brodies LLP 2008; partner 2009.
Association of Taxation Technicians; Securities Institute.
St Margaret’s School; The Edinburgh Academy; University of Aberdeen (1996 LLB Hons; 1997 DipLP).
Mark Stewart leads the contentious trusts practice at Brodies LLP, drawing on his experience as the firm’s head of its personal and family team, while Alan Barr, head of the firm’s personal tax planning team, focuses on trust disputes with complex tax issues. Christine O’Neill has significant experience of acting to remove trustees, strike down contested wills, and establish adult incapacity. The practice is well-versed in handling complex disputes concerning the estates of high net worth individuals, and has considerable experience in cases where contested assets are found in multiple jurisdictions. Norman Kennedy and Angela McCulloch, both based in Glasgow, advise wealthy individuals and high-value companies respectively. Susanne Batchelor is adept at handling cases with an international aspect.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Medical negligence: defender
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Public sector > Parliamentary and public affairs
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Finance > Investment funds
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport