Shuna Stirling > Brodies LLP > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Brodies LLP Offices
110 QUEEN STREET
- Go to...
Corporate and commercial.
Corporate partner and head of Brodies’ Corporate & Commercial department, Shuna advises a broad range of Scottish, national and international companies and organisations.
She has almost 20 years’ of experience advising on acquisitions, disposals, MBOs, investments, joint ventures, commercial contracts, corporate governance and restructuring, and has developed a particular focus on M&A, private equity and joint ventures.
Shuna conducts a wide variety of corporate real estate work, with particular expertise in advising on the corporate aspects of investment in property via a range of corporate structures, both onshore and offshore, including companies, partnerships, SLPs, LLPs, JPUTs etc. Sector focuses include food & drink, manufacturing/engineering, energy, motoring and real estate.
Trained Biggart Baillie, qualified 1997, assistant 1997-2000; McGrigors 2000, associate 2002, director 2004; partner Brodies LLP 2006.
Law Society of Scotland.
Hutchesons’ Grammar School; University of Strathclyde (1994 LLB Hons; 1995 DipLP).
Walking, gym, travel.
Brodies LLP leads on cross-border and international deals from its Aberdeen office, handling a range of corporate matters for private and public companies, institutions, high-net-worth individuals and third sector organisations. The firm generates mandates in all industries that are key to the Scottish economy including food and drink, energy, real estate, technology, healthcare and life sciences. Glasgow-based Shuna Stirling heads the team. Douglas Crawford leads on private equity matters, while Tom Boulton-Jones advises on general corporate and corporate real estate. Bryan Wilson joined as partner from an in-house role at Total E&P UK, while Rhona MacFarlane was recently promoted to partner.
Brodies LLP handles an impressive range of national and international deals from its offices in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen. Acting for private and public companies, institutions, high-net-worth individuals and third sector clients, the firm advises on M&A, equity investments, joint ventures, corporate governance and business-critical commercial matters. Shuna Stirling heads the team with experience in a wide variety of sectors including food and drink, manufacturing, healthcare, leisure and hospitality, and real estate. William Mcintosh is recommended for private equity and venture capital matters; Julian Voge has over 30 years’ experience in corporate matters; David Lightbody is also recommended. David Gallagher joined in Glasgow from an in-house role at TC BioPharm.
- Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow - Scotland > Corporate and commercial
- Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland - Scotland > Corporate and commercial
- Leading individuals - Scotland > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Medical negligence: defender
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Public sector > Parliamentary and public affairs
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Finance > Investment funds
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport