Neil Burgess > Brodies LLP > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Brodies LLP Offices
110 QUEEN STREET
- Go to...
Corporate and commercial.
Corporate partner with extensive UK and international experience. Practice encompasses a wide range of corporate and commercial transactions, both domestic and cross-border, advising multinational, national and local companies and institutions. Highly experienced in advising on acquisitions, disposals, MBOs, investments, joint ventures, commercial contracts, corporate governance and restructuring. Particular expertise in M&A and private equity, with a strong focus on venture capital and private equity clients and transactions. Experience spans a number of sectors, including manufacturing, engineering, facilities management, technology, renewable energy and healthcare.
Trained Maclay Murray & Spens, qualified 1995; assistant solicitor then associate Maclays 1995-99; associate then senior associate.
Minter Ellison, Sydney 1999-2001; associate Maclays 2001-05; associate DLA Piper Scotland LLP 2005-06; partner DLA Piper 2007-13; partner Brodies LLP 2013 to date.
University of Glasgow (1992 LLB Hons); University of Strathclyde (1993 Diploma in Legal Practice).
Family, golf, music, football, skiing.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Medical negligence: defender
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Public sector > Parliamentary and public affairs
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Finance > Investment funds
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport