Neil Burgess > Brodies LLP > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Brodies LLP Offices
110 QUEEN STREET
- Go to...
Corporate and commercial.
Neil has particular expertise in M&A and private equity, with a strong focus on growth capital and private equity clients and transactions, and cross-border and domestic M&A. His experience spans a number of sectors, including manufacturing and engineering, facilities management, food and drink, technology and energy.
Trained Maclay Murray & Spens, qualified 1995; assistant solicitor then associate Maclays 1995-99; associate then senior associate.
Minter Ellison, Sydney 1999-2001; associate Maclays 2001-05; associate DLA Piper Scotland LLP 2005-06; partner DLA Piper 2007-13; partner Brodies LLP 2013 to date.
University of Glasgow (1992 LLB Hons); University of Strathclyde (1993 Diploma in Legal Practice).
Family, golf, music, football, skiing.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Brodies LLP’s corporate and M&A team operates across the Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow offices, acting on a variety of market-leading Scottish, UK-wide and cross-border mandates. Practice head Neil Burgess holds more than 25 years of experience in acquisition, disposal, joint ventures, commercial contract and restructuring affairs, receiving support from Shuna Stirling, a highly reputed name for corporate real estate matters. Elsewhere, William Mcintosh provides the group with in-depth knowledge of the US market and private equity affairs, while David Lightbody is knowledgeable on transactional, company law and governance affairs. The team is also home to ‘diligent‘ senior associate Paul Breen and has been particularly active in the telecoms, technology, food and drink, and healthcare sectors of late.
- Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow - Scotland > Corporate and commercial
- Hall of Fame - Scotland > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Medical negligence: defender
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Public sector > Parliamentary and public affairs
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Environment
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Finance > Investment funds
- Employment > Pensions
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport