Joan Cradden > Brodies LLP > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Brodies LLP Offices
110 QUEEN STREET
- Go to...
Partner and head of the employment team at Brodies; combines experience as an employment lawyer in private practice with three years as an in-house HR adviser at The Royal Bank of Scotland; noted for finance sector experience, her approach is business focused, bringing valuable insight from the client’s perspective; appears regularly before Employment Tribunals throughout the UK and has also appeared before the EAT in Scotland on a number of occasions; particularly enjoys training and had developed a number of tailored programmes for clients on subjects ranging from TUPE to risk management in grievance handling; the fields of employee relations and discrimination law hold a special interest; has studied both at an academic level and in the context of legal practice.
Trained Brodies LLP; qualified 1994; assistant 1994-95; in-house adviser for human resources Royal Bank of Scotland 1995-97; assistant Brodies LLP 1997-99; associate 1999; partner 2001.
ELA; Scottish Employment Law Group.
Rathmore Grammar, Belfast; Edinburgh University (1988 MA Hons Social Policy and Politics; 1991 LLB Merit; 1992 Diploma in Legal Practice).
Running, reading, classical violin.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame) (Hall of Fame)
Brodies LLP‘s large public, third and private sector client base, including employers and employees, is testimony to its substantial employment law offering, which, in the non-contentious space includes transactional support, advice on IR35 taxation regime changes and senior exits, and, in the contentious arena – where team head Tony Hadden and solicitor advocate Brian Campbell are regular features – the team is well placed to handle a wide range of employment tribunal proceedings and associated investigations, such as those arising from discrimination, unfair dismissal, equal pay and holiday pay claims. Joan Cradden is another key member of the team and has particular finance sector expertise.
- Employment - Scotland > Employment
- Hall of Fame - Scotland > Employment > Employment
- Hall of Fame - Scotland > Employment
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Medical negligence: defender
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Public sector > Parliamentary and public affairs
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Finance > Investment funds
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport