Elaine McIlroy > Brodies LLP > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Brodies LLP Offices
110 QUEEN STREET
- Go to...
Employment and Immigration Team
Employment and Immigration Partner at Brodies LLP.
Advises employers on the whole spectrum of employment law issues but has a special focus on TUPE and strategic advisory work. She regularly appears in employment tribunals across the UK and is interested in all areas of discrimination law.
Acts for employers in a range of sectors including Universities, financial services organisations, oil and gas, healthcare and others on all aspects of business immigration law.
Trained MacRoberts LLP,2001-2013- Dundas & Wilson LLP (now CMS Cameron McKenna), 2013-2015-MacRoberts LLP, 2015-2019- Partner at Weightmans LLP, 2019-current Employment and Immigration Partner at Brodies LLP.
Qualified in Scotland and England & Wales.
English, some French
Employment Law Association, ILPA
University of Glasgow, LLB (hons) 2:1, Diploma in Legal Practice (with distinction), University of Toronto-LLM
Brodies LLP made two significant additions to its immigration offering in August 2019 with the hires of experienced partner Elaine McIlroy and senior solicitor Erin McLafferty from Weightmans LLP. McIlroy, who now leads the practice, has a track record of work for clients across sectors including education, financial services, oil and gas and healthcare. The team has also recently been advising clients on the impact of Brexit, drawing on the knowledge of employment specialist Lynne Marr.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Medical negligence: defender
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Public sector > Parliamentary and public affairs
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Finance > Investment funds
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport