Westley Walker > Bristows LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Bristows LLP Offices
100 VICTORIA EMBANKMENT
- Go to...
Commercial & technology disputes
Westley is a dispute resolution lawyer with substantial experience advising clients on their business-critical disputes.
Westley has represented clients from a wide range of industries – including technology, life sciences, manufacturing, commodities and financial services – in high-value proceedings before the High Court, the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court in the UK, as well as in arbitrations under various institutional rules.
He also regularly provides clients with early strategic advice with a view to avoiding formal proceedings altogether. The majority of Westley’s work has an international dimension and he regularly advises clients on the associated jurisdictional and conflicts issues.
Westley trained and practised at a magic circle firm and was seconded during his training contract to a leading German law firm. Westley speaks German fluently.
Legal Practice Course, BPP Professional Education
Higher Rights of Audience (Civil)
BA German, University of Warwick
Graduate Diploma in Law, BPP Professional Education
Bristows LLP‘s practice has notable experience in commercial disputes involving the technology, life sciences and consumer products sectors, as well as claims concerning industrial markets. The group’s caseload also regularly features contractual issues, commercial law matters and confidentiality aspects. Mark Brown is a specialist in life sciences, Pharma and digital content disputes; Anna Cook is ‘a very savvy, experienced litigator‘; Simon Clark is an expert in digital media and breach of confidence-related claims; and Angela Fouracre acts in commercial contract disputes. Of counsel Robert Graham ‘always finds the clever points‘, while senior associate Westley Walker assists with business-critical disputes.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: patents (contentious and non-contentious)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Industry focus > Life sciences and healthcare
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: Smaller Deals, £10m-£100m
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Digital content & social
- Industry focus > TMT
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Advertising & marketing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Film & TV
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > PATMA: Trade mark attorneys
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech
- Dispute resolution > Competition litigation
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Employment > Employers