Claire Herbert > Gateley Plc > Leicester, England > Lawyer Profile
Gateley Plc Offices
LOWER BROWN STREET
- Go to...
Commercial Dispute Resolution
Claire advises on a wide variety of commercial disputes for a range of clients.
She specialises contentious probate/inheritance claims and is experienced in dealing with media litigation, contractual claims, professional negligence, shareholder and partnership disputes, and enforcement action.
Claire was the founding member for the Network LE professional networking organisation, which has become one of the most successful networking groups in Leicester. She has played an instrumental part in organising a number of events over the last few years, which have raised over £250k for local charities.
Claire’s passions include traveling, dancing and ice hockey.
Gateley Plc covers the gamut of disputes, including claims of proprietary estoppel, applications to remove executors and breaches of trusts. Professional negligence (particularly in relation to solicitors and will writers) is an area of notable strength. The group also advises clients on various non-contentious issues. Chris Greenwell, Claire Herbert and Fiona Debney jointly lead the department.(Next Generation Partners)
Gateley Plc‘s team advises on high-value and reputationally significant commercial disputes, and is highly active in cross-border matters, with recent work spanning jurisdictions such as the US, Singapore, Germany, Italy and Cambodia. In addition to handling general commercial litigation, team head Chris Greenwell has a strong specialism in professional negligence cases (particularly those connected with insolvencies, the provision of legal advice by solicitors and the financial services sector). Matters with a nexus to transport and logistics, sport and media, and recruitment are among the areas of strength of the group. Legal director Claire Herbert splits her practice between the Leicester and Nottingham offices. Associate Natalie Howes is another name to note.
- Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands - East Midlands > Dispute resolution
- Next Generation Partners - East Midlands > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Contentious trusts and probate - East Midlands > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Human resources > Employment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family