Chris Greenwell > Gateley Plc > Leicester, England > Lawyer Profile
Gateley Plc Offices
LOWER BROWN STREET
- Go to...
Commercial dispute resolution.
Chris has practised in broad litigation for over 30 years, now specialising in shareholder, warranty and earn-out issues arising out of mergers and acquisitions, professional negligence (issues arising out of solicitors and financial services in particular), breaches of employment covenants and financial services regulatory obligations, trust disputes and contentious probate/ inheritance claims with a team develops the firm’s practice in this field. Much of this litigation is resolved at mediation. Many cases are conducted on a fee or risk sharing agreement with clients.
Trained Munby & Scott Solicitors, York and Tollers Solicitors, Leicester; qualified: 1986. Tollers 1986- 2000; partner 1988-2000; partner Nelsons LLP 2000-08; partner Gateley 2008 to date.
Professional Negligence Lawyers Association.
Trent Polytechnic; Nottingham (1982 LLB Hons).
Chris enjoys mountaineering, skiing, rugby and military history.
Gateley Plc covers the gamut of disputes, including claims of proprietary estoppel, applications to remove executors and breaches of trusts. Professional negligence (particularly in relation to solicitors and will writers) is an area of notable strength. The group also advises clients on various non-contentious issues. Chris Greenwell, Claire Herbert and Fiona Debney jointly lead the department.(Leading individuals)
Gateley Plc‘s team advises on high-value and reputationally significant commercial disputes, and is highly active in cross-border matters, with recent work spanning jurisdictions such as the US, Singapore, Germany, Italy and Cambodia. In addition to handling general commercial litigation, team head Chris Greenwell has a strong specialism in professional negligence cases (particularly those connected with insolvencies, the provision of legal advice by solicitors and the financial services sector). Matters with a nexus to transport and logistics, sport and media, and recruitment are among the areas of strength of the group. Legal director Claire Herbert splits her practice between the Leicester and Nottingham offices. Associate Natalie Howes is another name to note.
- Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands - East Midlands > Dispute resolution
- Leading individuals - East Midlands > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Contentious trusts and probate - East Midlands > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Human resources > Employment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family