Andrew Piatt > Gateley Plc > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Gateley Plc Offices
SHIP CANAL HOUSE
98 KING STREET
- Go to...
Andrew heads the national Planning team. He specialises in planning, highways, compulsory purchase & compensation and local government law and is an experienced public inquiry advocate.
Andrew acts for an extensive range of clients including landowners, developers, housebuilders and retailers, as well as public sector bodies. He has experience of acting on all types of development, in and out of centre retail, employment, residential, roads, airports, stadia and tall buildings.
Called to the Bar 1986; solicitor South Ribble BC; solicitor St Helen’s MBC; partner DLA; partner Halliwells; partner Gateley. Publications of note: articles in the ‘Journals of Planning and Environment Law’ and the ‘Estates Gazette’.
Andrew is a keen gardener and enjoys going to the gym and skiing. He is a supporter of Warrington Wolves RLFC.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Gateley Plc is instructed by housing industry clients on the planning aspects of residential developments and it is engaged on town centre redevelopment schemes. Common land, town and village greens, highways, complex enforcement, environmental permitting, assets of community value, planning agreements, applications, compulsory purchase and regeneration are key areas of experience. National planning head Andrew Piatt is ably supported by legal director Mark Iveson, who handles a range of infrastructure, residential and retail projects, as well as compulsory purchase work.
- Leading individuals - North West > Real estate > Planning and environment
- Planning and environment - North West > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Human resources > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Human resources > Pensions
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester