Paul Cliff > Gateley Plc > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Gateley Plc Offices
- Go to...
Paul specialises in mergers & acquisitions in the private and public company arena, capital markets work and public company advisory work.
He has many years’ experience of working at the very highest levels of industry and commerce and always offers down-to-earth, pragmatic advice no matter how complex the transaction. Paul is a member of the Legal Experts Group of the Quoted Companies Alliance (QCA) and heads the firm’s capital markets group.
Trained Edge and Ellison (formerly Hammonds and now Squire Sanders); qualified 1988. Partner Hammonds 1996-2002; Midlands head of corporate 2000-02; partner Gateley 2003 to date.
Legal Experts Group of the Quoted Companies Alliance.
Spondon School, Derby; Lancaster University (1982-85 LLB Hons law); College of Law, Chester (1986).
Paul enjoys running (regularly takes part in half marathons and other long-distance runs), golf, cricket, swimming, football, theatre.
West Midlands > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
Gateley Plc has a strong presence in the region, as highlighted by its work in M&A, private equity and commercial contracts. Tom Durrant heads the corporate team nationally and is an expert in cross-border acquisitions and disposals. Other prominent figures from the team include: capital markets specialist Paul Cliff ; private equity expert Simon Gill ; Chris Reed , who is skilled in acquisitions and disposals; Michael Ward , who is highly experienced in corporate transactions and restructurings; and public company lawyer Tom Rush .
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Human resources > Employment
- Real estate > Environment
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Human resources > Pensions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence