Ruth Armstrong > Gateley Plc > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Gateley Plc Offices
- Go to...
Regulatory and Business Defence
Ruth is a recognised leader in the regulatory field, advising on all regulatory disciplines ranging from fatal accidents to fraud and pollution to bribery.
She has over 25 years’ experience of regulatory and white collar defence work for businesses and senior office holders.
Ruth sits on the IOSH Environmental & Waste Management Group national committee and working party of the National Safety & Health Conference. She delivers strategic guidance and thought leadership to industry through her business defence work.
Qualified 1992; partner Gateley 2001 to date.
IOSH; IBA; Health and Safety Lawyers’ Association; Fraud Lawyers’ Association; committee member of national IOSH Environment and Waste Management Group; working party member for the annual National Health and Safety Conference.
BA Hons, Law Society Finals.
Ruth enjoys walking, travel and going to the theatre.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Gateley Plc offers a one-stop fatal accident and major incident service nationally to its clients. Its track record in the health and safety arena ensure that it generates work from clients in various sectors. Led by practice head Ruth Armstrong, the team acts for 19 of the top 20 housebuilders in the UK. It also has sector expertise in manufacturing, waste management and retail, among others. The group has significant experience of handling trading standards investigations, product and safety issues as well as environmental, anti-bribery and corruption matters.
Gateley Plc acts for claimants and defendants in fraud disputes and tracing actions. The group is increasingly taking roles on substantial cross-border claims and claims for offshore clients. Ruth Armstrong is strong on all aspects of fraud and financial crime cases, with a particular focus on claims in the housebuilding, banking, manufacturing and transport industries. Mark Wilson is another name to note for his work in substantial fraud-related litigation and James Baird is a known name for his advice to banks, funders and leasing companies on all aspects of fraud.
Gateley Plc handles a range of contentious work concerning Environment Agency investigations and prosecutions, and is also frequently involved in decommissioning projects, such as the closure of power plants. The practice, which is led by the regulatory expert Ruth Armstrong , also advises housebuilders, waste management companies and administrators of insolvent companies.
- Leading individuals - West Midlands > Human resources > Health and safety
- Crime: fraud - West Midlands > Crime, fraud and licensing
- Environment - West Midlands > Real estate
- Health and safety - West Midlands > Human resources
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Human resources > Employment
- Real estate > Environment
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Human resources > Pensions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence