Peter Davies > Gateley Plc > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Gateley Plc Offices
- Go to...
Peter is an experienced dispute resolution lawyer in the firm’s Construction unit and a member of the Strategic and Operations Boards.
He has considerable experience in construction disputes, acting for developers, contractors, sub-contractors and construction professionals. He is familiar with all standard industry documentation and has considerable experience of all types of dispute resolution.
Qualified 1982; partner Gateley 1992 to date.
Solihull School; Birmingham University (LLB Hons); College of Law, Chester.
Peter and his family are season ticket holders at Coventry City FC. He enjoys most sports, live music and spending time with his children (whose ages span almost 30 years!).
West Midlands > Insurance > Professional negligence
Gateley Plc‘s team specialises in claims against a wide variety of professionals, such as solicitors, financial advisers, insurance brokers, accountants and insolvency practitioners. It also has a strong reputation for claims against construction professionals, including architects and project managers. Peter Davies, Stephen Goodrham and Mark Wilson head up the team.
West Midlands > Real estate > Property litigation
At Gateley Plc, Birmingham-based chief operating officer Peter Davies focuses on advising housebuilders on all development and remediation-related disputes, such as payment claims, damages claims and contract breaches. In other work, Iain Davies represents corporate occupiers in disputes with their landlords relating to lease renewal, refurbishment works and dilapidations claims. Legal director Philip Scully left to join Anthony Collins Solicitors LLP in November 2018.
West Midlands > Real estate > Construction
The ‘capable team‘ at Gateley Plc provides comprehensive advice on a wide range of real estate matters, advising a impressive client roster including national and regional contractors, developers and prominent housebuilders. Chief operations officer and construction disputes specialist Peter Davies focuses on housing disputes involving professional negligence and defective design claims, and is supported by legal director Paul Scott, who is an ‘excellent contentious lawyer‘. Amira Khan is noted for her broad expertise and David Lloyd Jones specialises in non-contentious work.
- Construction - West Midlands > Real estate
- Property litigation - West Midlands > Real estate
- Professional negligence - West Midlands > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Human resources > Employment
- Real estate > Environment
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Human resources > Pensions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence