Ms Elizabeth Hughes > Hugh Jones Solicitors > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Hugh Jones Solicitors Offices
2, THE MALT HOUSE
DEVA CITY OFFICE PARK
- Go to...
Ms Elizabeth Hughes
Court of Protection
Liz Hughes is Director and is Head of the Court of Protection team, with 12 years’ experience in Court of Protection and mental capacity work law and her practice includes:
- Management of the professional deputyships of a large number of vulnerable people including those who have lost capacity due to traumatic accidents, birth injury, illness or learning disability
- Advising and drafting all types of Court of Protection applications including those for the appointment of a lay or professional deputy, statutory will applications, gift applications and applications for the discharge of a Protected Party
- Contested applications including alleged financial abuse, challenges to deputyship appointments and representing lay deputies who have exceeded the authority they have under a deputyship order
- Acting as an expert witness, on the instruction of defendants or claimants in high value clinical negligence and personal injury litigation.
- Judicial review including Local Authority duties to fund care.
- Disputes including high value/complex dispute with assets based outside of the jurisdiction
She has extensive experience of acting on behalf of claimants who lack capacity in pre-settlement catastrophic injury litigation. This commonly involves the management of interim funds which are used to fund extensive rehabilitation packages, specialist equipment and adapted property purchases.
Liz enjoys visiting clients regularly and working closely with their relatives, case managers, carers and others involved in their care. She feels it is important to ensure that clients receive the appropriate level of support whilst remaining independent and confident to make those financial decisions that they are able to make for themselves
Trained Pannone LLP, qualified 2009; solicitor Pannone 2009 – 2013; Hugh Jones Solicitors 2013 to date (director 2015).
St Augustine’s High School; Leeds University (LLB 2004); College of Law (LPC, 2006)
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Boutique firm Hugh Jones Solicitors specialises in mental incapacity issues and Court of Protection matters. Led by name partner Hugh Jones, the specialist team includes Elizabeth Hughes and senior associate Chris Gallagher. The firm has a growing focus on the health and welfare field, and the Court of Protection team can also draw on support from the wider firm’s private client, conveyancing and property specialists.
- Next Generation Partners - North West > Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Personal tax, trusts and probate - North West > Private client