Mr Mubarik Haider > FS Legal > Altrincham, England > Lawyer Profile
FS Legal Offices
12 Oxford Road
- Go to...
Mr Mubarik Haider
Having trained and practised at national and Legal 500 firms, Mubarik is a highly regarded litigator with a wealth of commercial litigation experience and is recognised as a “Recommended Lawyer” by Legal 500.
Mubarik has a wide range of litigation experience but has a particular specialism in professional negligence, financial mis-selling claims and contractual disputes. He regularly deals with high value, complex and multi-party litigation.
He has been involved in a number of significant multi-million-pound cases against solicitors and valuers (some involving fraud and where parallel criminal prosecutions had been reported in the media). He has also acted against major Banks involving Swaps litigation, GRG issues (and other similar banking Business Support) and commercial loan facility disputes.
Mubarik has acted for individuals (including high profile individuals), commercial and Plc clients on a range of commercial disputes, whether resulting in an early settlement or effective court action.
- Halsall and others v Champion Consulting and others – acted for the claimants in a £6M claim arising out of tax avoidance schemes. This widely reported case is believed to be one of the first claims of this type to reach the courts.
- O’Hare v Coutts – complex financial portfolio management and investment case involving a review of the legal standard of care test in financial mis-selling cases.
- Various High Court negligence cases against banks (Barclays, Natwest etc) in respect of interest rate hedging products mis-selling (two settled cases just prior to trial in 2016)
- Mortgage Express v Various Solicitors and valuers – large scale multi million pound professional negligence & fraud claims against various solicitors and valuers in respect of property purchase /mortgage fraud involving hundreds of buy to let property portfolios.
- Morgan v British Gas – negligence claim against British Gas regarding a boiler explosion.
- Phillp Bell v Eric Brown – reported case relating to vexatious litigants.
- FS Legal – 2017 to present
- Berg – 2015 to 2017
- Walker Morris LLP – 2013 to 2015
- Cobbetts LLP – 2009 to 2013
- Pannone LLP – 2001 to 2009