Mr Tim Cooper > Addleshaw Goddard > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Addleshaw Goddard Offices
19 CANNING STREET
- Go to...
Mr Tim Cooper
Restructuring and insolvency.
Tim specialises in all aspects of insolvency, restructuring and recovery across a wide range of industry sectors. His experience includes multi-disciplinary corporate restructuring, management and bank-led distressed turnaround, restructuring and distressed acquisitions. Tim has particular experience in the asset-based lending sector, distressed refinance and pension scheme-related distressed restructurings. Career highlights include: in 2013, Tim led a multi-discipline, firm-wide team advising on the high-profile liquidation of The Scottish Coal Company; in 2014, Tim advised the administrators of Ferguson Shipbuilders. More recently Tim has acted for the administrators on the trading administration of Penman Engineering Ltd.
Trained John A B Ridley; qualified 1997, DLA 1997-2004, Squire Sanders Hammonds (now Squire Patton Boggs); Solicitor, Partner HBJ Gateley 2012 to May 2017, Partner Addleshaw Goddard June 2017 – date.
Conversational German and French.
Association of Business Recovery Professionals (R3); R3 council regional representative for Scotland; chair R3 in Scotland Committee; member of the R3/ICAS Scottish Technical Committee; Law Society of England and Wales; registered in Scotland as a foreign expert.
Thomas Rotherham College; Staffordshire University (1992 LLB Hons); Edinburgh University (1993 LLM); Leeds Metropolitan University (1995 DipLP).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The large restructuring team at Addleshaw Goddard is based across Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow, giving it a wide national coverage. It acts for international and domestic banking organisations, investment banks, funds, insolvency practitioners, sponsors and corporate borrowers. Jamie McIntosh heads up the practice and is recommended for insolvency and corporate restructuring matters. Tim Cooper handles contentious insolvency work and Addi Spiers is experienced in distressed real estate matters. Managing associate Kirsten Fleming deals with global investigations and recovery issues.
- Insolvency and corporate recovery - Scotland > Finance
- Leading individuals - Scotland > Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Employment > Employment