Mr Andrew Walker > Addleshaw Goddard > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Addleshaw Goddard Offices
19 CANNING STREET
- Go to...
Mr Andrew Walker
Corporate and commercial.
Andrew is very experienced in general transactional corporate work, including acquisitions, disposals, buyouts and equity investments, and commercial contracts of a wide variety. He also has significant experience advising on intellectual property matters, particularly in the context of deals or commercial contracts, and UK and EU competition law issues. Andrew has a specific interest in assisting high-growth business, often but not exclusively in the technology and food and drink sectors. He has been a key adviser for many years to a global leading provider of wrap platforms for financial and wealth management markets, supporting their national and global growth. Andrew is a Notary Public and Writer to the Signet
Trained Bird Semple Fyfe, Ireland; qualified 1994; stagiaire European Commission, Brussels 1994-95; associate lawyer Coudert Brother, Brussels 1995-96; assistant lawyer Dickson Minto W.S., Edinburgh 1996-97; assistant lawyer then associate HBJ Gateley 1997-2002, partner 2002 to date.
Law Society of Scotland; Merchant Company of Edinburgh; board member Leith Chamber of Commerce.
George Watson’s College, Edinburgh; University of Aberdeen (LLB Hons with options in French); University of Edinburgh (DipLP); College of Europe, Bruges (Masters in European Legal Studies).
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Construction
- Human resources > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Planning