Mr Malcolm McPherson > Addleshaw Goddard > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Addleshaw Goddard Offices
19 CANNING STREET
- Go to...
Mr Malcolm McPherson
Expertise: Malcolm is one of the leading corporate lawyers in Scotland. He specialises in corporate affairs, advising many companies at a strategic level and looking for deal making opportunities across the business world. Malcolm is Senior Partner of the firm in Scotland and is a member of the firm’s UK board. Experience: Malcolm is a non-executive director of many successful Scottish companies. He is a former lay member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland, a former Vice Chairman of the Scottish Solicitors’ Discipline Tribunal and currently a Judicial Panel Chairman for the Scottish Football Association. Successes: fund-raising for major national residential property fund; negotiated sale of financial services business to a market consolidator; Malcolm is the principal fundraiser for the Edinburgh-based Headway charity group.
Trained Henderson & Jackson; qualified 1977; partner HBJ Gateley (now Addleshaw Goddard) 1978 to date.
(Former lay member) Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland; Scottish Solicitors’ Discipline Tribunal (former vice chairman); Scottish Football Association Appeals Committee (judicial panel chairman).
George Watson’s College, Edinburgh; Edinburgh University (1975 LLB).
Sailing, shooting and fishing.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Construction
- Human resources > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Planning