Paul Bentham > Addleshaw Goddard > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Addleshaw Goddard Offices
1 ST PETER'S SQUARE
- Go to...
Contentious and commercial.
Partner specialising in intellectual property and technology; particular expertise in information technology contracts including the acquisition of computer systems, the licensing of computer software and outsourcing agreements; also has considerable experience in technology licensing and advising on intellectual property matters in respect of corporate sales and acquisitions and joint ventures. Recent work includes advising clients in relation to major IT projects.
Articled Addleshaw Sons & Latham (now Addleshaw Goddard); trainee 1987; qualified 1989; partner 1995.
Law Society of England and Wales; committee member of Licensing Executives Society North West Group; The Society of Computers and Law, Northern branch.
North Cestrian Grammar; Strasbourg University (1985 Hons Diplome d’Etudes Juridiques Françaises); Leicester University (1986 LLB Hons).
Foreign travel, skiing, supporting Manchester United.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals) (Leading individuals)
Addleshaw Goddard’s full service intellectual property team handles work across the practice area, including IP portfolio management, contentious and non-contentious IP. The department advises clients within the retail and consumer, financial services and energy sectors. Paul Bentham leads the team, handling a broad range of intellectual property matters whilst also heading up the firm’s brands and designs group. James Whittaker focuses on the acquisition and exploitation of intellectual property rights. Legal director Nadine Waters handles the full scope of non-contentious intellectual property issues, often in the context of corporate and finance transactions.
- Intellectual property - North West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Leading individuals - North West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Leading individuals - North West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation