Mr Harold Brako > Addleshaw Goddard > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Addleshaw Goddard Offices
1 ST PETER'S SQUARE
- Go to...
Mr Harold Brako
Harold is a partner in Addleshaw Goddard’s Litigation Division. Harold specialises in banking and finance litigation, with particular expertise in asset based lending and receivables financing. Harold also provides advice to a wide range of clients in the finance sector, including members of UK Finance, PE houses, several major UK and foreign clearing banks.
As an experienced litigator, Harold advises his clients in relation to all aspects of finance dispute resolution, including claims for and against lenders, fraud claims, asset recovery involving urgent injunctive processes, contractual / commercial disputes, merchant acquiring issues, reviews and enforcement of security as well as contentious insolvency proceedings.
Following 10 years at DLA Piper UK LLP, Harold founded and headed up the Manchester office of Shoosmiths LLP in 2009. He joined Addleshaw Goddard LLP in 2017.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Addleshaw Goddard is noted for its expertise in high-profile disputes concerning major UK clearing banks, international financial institutions, challenger banks and other alternative providers within the fintech sector. The firm is particularly well regarded for its excellence in niche areas, including asset finance, regulated lending, and digital assets. ‘Stand-out operator‘ Harold Brako – who is singled out by one client as a ‘real force in the industry‘ – heads up the practice. Legal director Helen Collinge and managing associate Ashlee Simms are also noted as ‘brilliant‘ supporting practitioners.
Led from London by Mike Davison and also able to draw upon considerable resources throught the North of England and Scotland, in particular, Addleshaw Goddard is well-positioned to provide cost-effective, ‘commercial, responsive and client-focused‘ advice to a lender-focused client base across the full spectrum of their ABL/receivables requirements. Recognised as a ‘market-leader in his field’, Davison’s versatility in the space is a particularly strong selling point to clients which appreciate his financing transactional smarts, as well as his advice on product development, as well as on their strategic corporate transactions in the space. Based out of the firm’s Manchester office, the ‘exceptional’ Harold Brako leverages his overarching finance litigation expertise and knowledge of the ABL product to provide an ‘excellent service’ to the firm’s impressive roster of clearing banks, independent funders (as well as for IPs) in the context of contentious work, including insolvency matters. Manchester-based legal director Lauren Priest-Stephens has excellent ties with lenders and borrowers in the North West market and has been taken on more of a concerted leadership role following the departure of Simon Prendergast to Dentons in February 2022.
- Banking litigation - North West > Dispute resolution
- Leading individuals - North West > Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation