Michael Hunter > Addleshaw Goddard > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Addleshaw Goddard Offices
1 ST PETER'S SQUARE
- Go to...
Partner specialising in corporate and property tax, advising on tax aspects of mergers and acquisitions, property development and investment, reorganisations and restructuring, joint ventures, tax disputes and employment taxes. Michael’s clients include Ivestec, The Hut, John Laing, Peel and Capita.
Trained Pinsent Masons; qualified 2000; made partner in present firm 2013. 1998-2011 Pinsent Masons LLP (senior associate); 2012-13 Lupton Fawcett Lee & Priestley (partner); 2013 to date Addleshaw Goddard (partner). Publications of note: ‘Back to Basics: Tax on Capital Contributions’; Tax Journal, 11 October 2013; ‘Group relief: a backgrough’; Tax Advisor, 16 December 2013; ‘VAT and Student Accommodation’; Tax Journal, 26 October 2011; ‘DV3 RS LP: Clarification or Complication’; Tax Journal, 14 April 2011; ‘A Dam Good Result’; Tax Journal, 14 December 2009; ‘After the Transaction’; Tax Journal 22 December 2008; ‘SDLT: An Unworkable Position’; April 2007, Practical Conveyancing; ‘VAT on Landlord Inducements to Tenants’; Tax Adviser, August 2005.
Chartered Institute of Taxation; core member of Property Taxes sub-committee of Chartered Institute of Taxation; Stamp Tax Practitioners Group.
St Ambrose College, Hale Barns (1992); Hertferd College, Oxford (1995 Modern History 2:1 (Hons)); Manchester Metropolitan University (1997 Common Professional Examination Commendation); Nottingham Law School (1998 Legal Practice Course, Distinction).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation