Richard Oman > Addleshaw Goddard > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Addleshaw Goddard Offices
1 ST PETER'S SQUARE
- Go to...
Richard is a partner in the banking and finance team. He acts for banks, financial institutions and corporate borrowers on a broad range of financing transactions including corporate lending, leveraged acquisition finance, asset finance, real estate finance (both development and investment finance) and project finance. Richard’s clients include The Royal Bank of Scotland, Lloyds Bank, HSBC, Barclays, Yorkshire Bank and PZ Cussons.
Trained Addleshaw Goddard, qualified 2005. PricewaterhouseCoopers, April 2001 to August 2003, insolvency analyst; Addleshaw Goddard, August 2003 to September 2005, trainee solicitor; Addleshaw Goddard, September 2005 to September 2010, associate, banking and asset finance; Addleshaw Goddard, September 2010 to April 2014, managing associate, banking and asset finance; Addleshaw Goddard, May 2014 to date, partner, banking.
Member of the Law Society.
King Edward VI School, Southampton; Peter Symonds College, Winchester (1995, A Levels); The University of Leicester, (1999, LLB Law Hons); Leeds Metropolitan University (2003, Legal Practice Course).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Addleshaw Goddard‘s banking and finance practice in the North West is led by Martin O’Shea, who has two decades of experience in the regional market. His strengths lie in leveraged, real estate and corporate finance. He is supported by Richard Oman, who represents corporate borrowers and financial institutions, while the asset finance group is led by Andrew Maskill, a key partner in the practice. Also of note is Simon Prendergast – ‘one of the sharpest ABL minds’ – while experienced associates Ben Edwards and Caroline Gray are likewise recommended.
- Banking and finance - North West > Finance
- Leading individuals - North West > Finance > Banking and finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Project finance and PFI
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition