Andrew Green > Addleshaw Goddard > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Addleshaw Goddard Offices
1 ST PETER'S SQUARE
- Go to...
Partner, corporate division based in Manchester. Andrew specialises in M&A (both public and private), private equity and joint ventures. He has acted for companies, private equity houses, individuals and partnerships on a range of domestic and cross border acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures and other transactions. Andrew has particular expertise in private equity transactions. He advises private equity houses on new investments, managing their portfolio companies during the life of those investments and on helping them to achieve successful exits. Andrew also acts opposite private equity houses – advising sellers and management teams during new investments and in supporting them throughout the life of their business. This gives Andrew, and his clients, the benefit of experience of dealing with private equity investors from all angles and an insight into what really does, and should, matter for each interested party. Andrew won the prestigious Young Lawyer award at the North West Young Professionals Awards in 2010 and was shortlisted for Young Professional of the Year. Recent highlights include acting for: Living Bridge on its £54m acquisition of Sykes Cottages; the shareholders and management of Travel Counsellors on their investment from Equistone; NorthEdge Capital on its £66m acquisition of Accrol Papers; Inflexion Private Equity on a number of acquisitions including CTC Aviation and Natural Products; Lloyds Development Capital on a number of acquisitions and disposals including WRG and ATP; Phoenix Private Equity on its acquisition of Key Retirement Solutions; Co-operative Group on: the £620m disposal of its pharmacy business to the Bestway Group, its liability management exercise, including the disposal of assets to Co-operative Bank p.l.c., its £1.6bn acquisition of the Somerfield supermarket chain and subsequent store disposal programme of in excess of 150 grocery stores in a challenging time frame, its joint venture with Thomas Cook group; Peel Media on its £500m joint venture with Legal & General for MediaCityUK; Moneysupermarket.com on its acquisition of Financial Services Net, OnTrees and on two joint ventures; Thermo Fisher Scientific on its acquisitions of Raymond A. Lamb, Sterilin Limited and the sale of Electorthermal Limited; Capita on their acquisitions of DLA Direct, Pathway, Turner MacFarlane Green and Reliance Task Management.
Trained Addleshaw Goddard LLP; qualified 2004.
Membership of the law society.
Newcastle-under-Lyme School; University of Manchester (2001 LLB Law degree 2:1); Manchester Metropolitan University (2002 Legal Practice Course Distinction).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Addleshaw Goddard offers a ‘broad range of business expertise‘ for major M&A and private equity deals, alongside a noted structured real estate capability, led by Shelley McGivern . ‘Technically astute‘ practice head Paul Medlicott advises a range of national private equity houses on large-scale buyouts, investments, and portfolio company issues, with Andrew Green also a strong contributor to the firm’s private equity offering. Roger Hart specialises in PLC advice, working with listed companies on equity raisings, takeovers, and other capital markets considerations, alongside Richard Lee. Duncan Wilson maintains an active M&A practice, while George Danczak was promoted to partner in mid-2021 in recognition of his work on complex corporate transactions.
- Corporate and commercial: Manchester - North West > Corporate and commercial
- Leading individuals - North West > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit