Paul Medlicott > Addleshaw Goddard > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Addleshaw Goddard Offices
1 ST PETER'S SQUARE
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Partner in corporate team focusing on general corporate, M&A and private equity. Leads the private equity practice in the North West. Has a particular sector focus on consumer goods businesses. Acts for a number of corporate and private equity clients, including Ardenton, ECI, Equistone, Inflexion, LDC, LivingBridge, NorthEdge Capital, NVM, Phoenix and PZ Cussons Plc.
Trained Andersen Legal Garretts; qualified 2001; Addleshaw Goddard 2002-date.
The Manchester Grammar School; The University of Leeds (1998 LLB Law).
North West > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester(Leading individuals)
Addleshaw Goddard offers major corporates across the North West and beyond leading expertise in three core areas: M&A, which is a focus for recognised practitioners George Danczak and Duncan Wilson; private equity, a specialism of Andrew Green; and PLC transactions, for which ‘exceptional operator‘ Roger Hart is particularly recommended. The team is also widely known for its stellar corporate real estate practice, in which Shelley McGivern is the key contact. Paul Medlicott oversees the much lauded department.
London > Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions - mid-market deals (up to £250m)
Praised as an ‘absolutely brilliant team working at the very top end of their game’, Addleshaw Goddard has a proven track record in mid-market private equity and continues to act for a range of buyout houses on both acquisitions and exits. In addition to its sponsor-side work, the practice also acts on the management side of deals including representing public companies. Yunus Seedat now serves as divisional head of corporate and commercial, with Mike Hinchliffe leading the private equity team. Graham Cross is another name to note in this space, with particular expertise handling deals involving financial services companies. Gemma Phillips was promoted to partner in May 2021. The London-based team works closely with its other offices around the UK, with Paul Medlicott in Manchester a particularly active partner in this area. The wider firm also continues to expand its presence in Europe, opening a Paris office in 2021 and a Dublin office in April 2022.
- Corporate and commercial: Manchester - North West > Corporate and commercial
- Leading individuals - North West > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation