Justine Delroy > Addleshaw Goddard > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Addleshaw Goddard Offices
1 ST PETER'S SQUARE
- Go to...
Commercial tax team, corporate division.
Justine heads up Addleshaw Goddard’s commercial tax team. On the business/corporate side, she advises on the tax elements of mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and funds establishment, acting for corporates, individuals and public sector. She has a specialism in private equity transactions and is involved in most of the region’s significant PE deals. Justine’s other area of particular interest and expertise is advising on the tax aspects of property-based projects and transactions of various kinds, including structured acquisitions, joint ventures, investment funds and co-ownership arrangements in relation to complex developments, property financings and capital projects. Justine’s key clients include Standard Life (for whom she is a client relationship partner), British Land, Bruntwood, Wolseley, National Grid and PE houses including LDC, Phoenix and Elysian. Justine also leads the firm’s gender working group.
Trained Frere Cholmeley Bischoff and Forsters; qualified 1999; associate (corporate tax team) Forsters 1999-2001; associate (commercial tax team) Addleshaw Goddard 2001-07; managing associate 2007-08; partner 2008 to date.
Bolton School Girls’ Division (1991); Lady Margaret Hall, University of Oxford (1995 BA Hons Literae Humaniores 2(1)).
Fell walking and running, scuba diving, opera, socialising over a glass of wine, reading novels.
Addleshaw Goddard is active across multiple sectors, including private equity, financial services, and real estate. Justine Delroy leads the team from the Manchester office, and is a specialist in private equity transactions. Delroy is supported by London-based Peter Sayer, who covers real estate tax mandates, particularly in the residential sector. Paul Concannon acts on the full range of corporate transactions, and this year advised on the tax elements of Rothermere Continuation’s acquisition of Daily Mail and General Trust plc.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation