Justine Delroy > Addleshaw Goddard > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Addleshaw Goddard Offices
1 ST PETER'S SQUARE
- Go to...
Commercial tax team, corporate division.
Justine heads up Addleshaw Goddard’s commercial tax team. On the business/corporate side, she advises on the tax elements of mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and funds establishment, acting for corporates, individuals and public sector. She has a specialism in private equity transactions and is involved in most of the region’s significant PE deals. Justine’s other area of particular interest and expertise is advising on the tax aspects of property-based projects and transactions of various kinds, including structured acquisitions, joint ventures, investment funds and co-ownership arrangements in relation to complex developments, property financings and capital projects. Justine’s key clients include Standard Life (for whom she is a client relationship partner), British Land, Bruntwood, Wolseley, National Grid and PE houses including LDC, Phoenix and Elysian. Justine also leads the firm’s gender working group.
Trained Frere Cholmeley Bischoff and Forsters; qualified 1999; associate (corporate tax team) Forsters 1999-2001; associate (commercial tax team) Addleshaw Goddard 2001-07; managing associate 2007-08; partner 2008 to date.
Bolton School Girls’ Division (1991); Lady Margaret Hall, University of Oxford (1995 BA Hons Literae Humaniores 2(1)).
Fell walking and running, scuba diving, opera, socialising over a glass of wine, reading novels.
Yorkshire and the Humber > Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
Addleshaw Goddard‘s tax and structuring team advises on a range of corporate tax issues with particular expertise in the private equity, real estate, energy and asset finance sectors. Group leader Justine Delroy splits her time between Manchester and Leeds and specialises in advising on the structure of private equity transactions. The team also includes Martin Griffiths, who recently joined the Leeds office from Charles Russell Speechlys LLP; he has a breadth of tax expertise encompassing the private equity sector and property and funds structuring work.
North West > Corporate and commercial > Corporate taxWithin: Leading individuals -
Addleshaw Goddard represents clients on the tax elements of M&A, joint ventures, fund establishments and real estate projects. On the contentious side, the firm deals with disputes with HMRC and the firm also advises on stamp duty land tax, pensions tax, VAT and customs duty matters. Justine Delroy heads the team and specialises in the tax aspects of structuring private equity transactions and property-based projects. Michael Hunter, who is based in Manchester and Leeds is also recommended, alongside managing associate Catherine Concannon.
London > Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
Addleshaw Goddard‘s tax team plays an integral part within the firm’s other offerings across real estate, financial services and private equity. The firm handles tax advisory and structuring work alongside a particular strength in transactional tax work. The tax and structuring team is led from Manchester by Justine Delroy, while Elaine Gwilt is the key tax contact for the London office; with expansive experience in the private equity space.
- Corporate tax - North West > Corporate and commercial
- Leading individuals - North West > Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Human resources > Employment
- Public sector > Health
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Project finance and PFI
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Real estate > Planning and environment