Andrew Pettinger > Addleshaw Goddard > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Addleshaw Goddard Offices
1 ST PETER'S SQUARE
- Go to...
Infrastructure, finance and projects.
Specialises in commercial and corporate work of all types involving the public and private sector, including outsourcing, efficiency initiatives, shared services arrangements, collaborative frameworks, PFI, NHS, LIFT, joint ventures, regeneration and central government initiatives. Particular experience in the health, education, social care, housing, regeneration and transport sectors. He acts for the public sector, the private sector and financial institutions. He has an expertise in public procurement and data protection law.
Trained Slater Heelis, Manchester; qualified 1995; assistant solicitor in corporate finance, Addleshaw Sons & Latham and Addleshaw Booth & Co 1995-2001; assistant solicitor in projects, Addleshaw Booth & Co and Addleshaw Goddard 2001-04; partner Addleshaw Goddard 2004.
Pocklington School, York; University of Manchester (BA Hons 2(1)); Manchester Metropolitan University (PE – pass; Law Society Finals – pass).
Cricket, reading, piano, guitar, food, wine, being a dad.
Addleshaw Goddard is praised for its ‘extremely good understanding of the healthcare sector and the challenges it faces’. The team frequently advises clients on PFI secondary market transactions, managing healthcare portfolios, restructuring and insolvencies in the care home sector, as well as private equity deals in the sector. Manchester office head Michael O’Connor leads the national practice and handles major transactions, complex projects and procurement matters; Matthew Newing and David Hartley specialise in PPP/PFI projects, while Andrew Pettinger also has a track record of work on corporate transactions.
Addleshaw Goddard acts for local authorities on a wide range of matters such as outsourcing, financing and refinancing, transport, and regeneration and redevelopment work. Manchester head Mike O’Connor focuses on real estate, financing, and construction for government departments, NHS trusts, and local authorities. Partner Andrew Pettinger advises on PPPs, PFI projects, and on major urban regeneration projects, especially in education, health, street lighting, and social housing. Leader of the infrastructure, projects, and energy group Richard Goodfellow focuses primarily on project financing and renewables, while Rob Thompson advises on waste management and disposal and energy matters.
The local government group at Addleshaw Goddard handles complex transactions and provides consultancy and legal advice on matters such as development option appraisals, state aid and procurement. Areas of expertise include powers to borrow and invest, outsourcing and partnership transactions, high value procurement claims, renewable projects and development and construction transactions, often in cash-constrained scenarios. Andrew Pettinger is highly experienced in major outsourcing commercial transactions for local government. He jointly heads the team with Michael O’Connor, who focuses on project finance across various infrastructure and social infrastructure sectors.
At Addleshaw Goddard, Andrew Pettinger heads the practice alongside Michael O’Connor, an expert in public, private and project finance transactions across a range of infrastructure and social infrastructure sub-sectors, namely healthcare and rail. The team also represents public sector bodies and private sector sponsors in addition to debt and equity investors in a range of other project such as those in the water, transport, renewables, housing and education sectors. Legal director Rob Thompson is an up and coming name for project finance, major capital projects and outsourcing work.
- Local government - North West > Public sector
- Project finance and PFI - North West > Projects, energy and natural resources
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Project finance and PFI
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition