Andrew Pettinger > Addleshaw Goddard > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Addleshaw Goddard Offices
1 ST PETER'S SQUARE
- Go to...
Infrastructure, finance and projects.
Specialises in commercial and corporate work of all types involving the public and private sector, including outsourcing, efficiency initiatives, shared services arrangements, collaborative frameworks, PFI, NHS, LIFT, joint ventures, regeneration and central government initiatives. Particular experience in the health, education, social care, housing, regeneration and transport sectors. He acts for the public sector, the private sector and financial institutions. He has an expertise in public procurement and data protection law.
Trained Slater Heelis, Manchester; qualified 1995; assistant solicitor in corporate finance, Addleshaw Sons & Latham and Addleshaw Booth & Co 1995-2001; assistant solicitor in projects, Addleshaw Booth & Co and Addleshaw Goddard 2001-04; partner Addleshaw Goddard 2004.
Pocklington School, York; University of Manchester (BA Hons 2(1)); Manchester Metropolitan University (PE – pass; Law Society Finals – pass).
Cricket, reading, piano, guitar, food, wine, being a dad.
London > Public sector > Local government
The team at Addleshaw Goddard offers a host of services to local authorities in connection with regeneration and redevelopment work, transport projects, outsourcing contracts (including ICT contracts), financing and refinancing. Mike O’Connor and Andrew Pettinger lead the practice and Richard Goodfellow, who heads the infrastructure, projects and energy group, handles major transactions that include PPPs, project financing and renewables matters. Rob Thompson also has a focus on energy as well as the waste and health sectors.
London > Public sector > Healthcare
Addleshaw Goddard acts for an impressive list of NHS trusts and private healthcare providers, and has ‘tremendous expertise and real depth of knowledge‘ in healthcare infrastructure. Matthew Newing has a ‘strong reputation‘ acting for sponsors, investors, developers and lenders on major PFI/PPP projects, as does David Hartley. Also of note are Manchester-based partners Michael O’Connor, who also leads the national practice, and Andrew Pettinger for corporate transactions.
North West > Projects, energy and natural resources > Project finance and PFI
Addleshaw Goddard‘s infrastructure and projects practice is strong on PFI and PPP work where it acts for NHS Trusts and private sector investors and developers in the healthcare sector. Transport is also a key area where the team is adept at handling rail, aviation and ports projects. In the renewables space, the team handles solar, waste-to-energy, wind, and biomass projects. Michael O’Connor heads the national infrastructure, projects and energy group; Andrew Pettinger, who is based across Leeds and Manchester, handles major regeneration projects as well as PPP and PFI work; and legal director Rob Thompson handles complex contract and procurement work.
North West > Public sector > Health
Addleshaw Goddard is active across a range of mandates covering public sector and health infrastructure, social and long term care, life sciences and private healthcare. The team stands out for its experience in handling PFI secondary market transactions and has experience in advising on the management of healthcare portfolios of substantial infrastructure funds. It also houses a growing care home practice covering commercial, transactional, restructuring, insolvency and funding mandates. Head of health Michael O’Connor , Andrew Pettinger and Shelley McGivern are key contacts, as is legal director Stephanie Townley, who is the public sector and health infrastructure lead.
North West > Public sector > Local government
Addleshaw Goddard regularly acts for and against local government clients on a wide range of contentious and non-contentious matters; its experience includes outsourcing, housing , real estate, projects and funds work. The team also advises combined authority and local government pension fund administrators on investments. Michael O’Connor handles public, private and project finance transactions, while Andrew Pettinger, who is based across the Leeds and Manchester offices and leads the local government team, advises on a wide range of commercial transactions for local government clients.
Yorkshire and the Humber > Public sector > Local government
Addleshaw Goddard‘s local government practice handles major transactions, projects, competition work, infrastructure matters, procurement, real estate issues and litigation for local authorities across the country. Group leader Andrew Pettinger is experienced in outsourcing transactions and Richard Goodfellow leads the infrastructure, projects and energy team.
- Health - North West > Public sector
- Local government - North West > Public sector
- Project finance and PFI - North West > Projects, energy and natural resources
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Human resources > Employment
- Public sector > Health
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Project finance and PFI
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Real estate > Planning and environment