Michael O"Connor > Addleshaw Goddard > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Addleshaw Goddard Offices
1 ST PETER'S SQUARE
- Go to...
Infrastructure, projects and energy.
Partner specialising in public/private finance, structured finance, PFI and PPP (head of firm’s PFI/projects team), finance transactions involving public bodies of all types, transactional healthcare, regeneration schemes and economic infrastructure projects.
Articled Addleshaw Booth & Co; qualified 1989; Addleshaw Booth & Co (now Addleshaw Goddard) 1987-1996; partner 1996 to date. Director trustee, Manchester Concert Hall (The Bridgewater Hall), Festival Medical Services, Factory Youth Zone Manchester and non executive director at North West Ambulance Services NHS Trust.
Law Society of England and Wales
St Bedes College, Manchester; Durham University (1985 BA Hons Classics); Manchester Polytechnic (1986 CPE; 1987 LSF).
National hunt horse racing, bass guitar, travel, the Mandrills; Abersoch; Glastonbury.
The practice at Addleshaw Goddard handles major infrastructure projects in energy, education, transport and healthcare. With experience in advising private and public sector sponsors, equity investors and financial institutions, the Manchester-based team is able to handle complex and novel procurements and arrangements between the public and private sector. Practice co-head Michael O’Connor excels in procurement and finance project loans at the basis of public-private transactions. Andrew Pettinger and Sara Gilmore also co-head the practice; Pettinger is experienced in local government work and PFI, while Gilmore specializes in high-scale energy projects. Philip Dupres is emerging in the team as a leading advisor on water projects.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation