Mark Hallam > Addleshaw Goddard > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Addleshaw Goddard Offices
3 SOVEREIGN SQUARE
- Go to...
Mark is a partner in the firm’s corporate group. Mark has undertaken a broad range of UK and crossborder transactional work, including mergers and acquisitions, joint venture and shareholder arrangementss. Mark has a track record of advising on transactions in the financial services sector with a focus on the wealth management. His representative matters include advising the partners of the law firm Ogier in respect of the disposal of their fiduciary services business to Electra private equity, advising mutual insurer Simplyhealth on its acquisition of Groupama Healthcare, advising the shareholders of the Jersey Trust Company Group on the investment by Close Brothers Private Equity, advising Daniel Thwaites Plc on the disposal of its ‘Beerco’ division, advising Fx Corporation on the disposal of its UK retail foreign exchange business ‘Eurochange’ to Notemachine and advising Newcastle Building Society on the disposal of its prepaid cards business to the German consumer bank Wirecard AG. Mark has been particularly active advising on transactions for the AA and SAGA including advising on acquisitions in the domiciliary care, personal finance and driver services sectors, advising on the ABS applications for AA Law and Saga Law and associated joint venture arrangements and advising on Saga’s joint venture with Tilney Bestinvest.
Trained Allen & Overy, qualified 2001. Associate – corporate department (London), Allen & Overy, 2001-06; seconded from Allen & Overy to Citigroup European Investment Bank, origination and execution – consumer and retail (front office role) (London), 2003 – 2004; partner (and previously managing associate) corporate department (Leeds), Addleshaw Goddard, 2006 to present.
Yorkshire and the Humber > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
Addleshaw Goddard‘s ‘excellent‘ corporate practice group houses a multidisciplinary team of experts who routinely handle big-ticket corporate transactions and private equity deals. Overseen by Garry Elliott, the team comprises Mark Hallam, who has sector strength in the financial services industry, and James Tatro, who focuses on retail and consumer goods clients. Star practitioner Yunus Seedat is rated highly by peers, and handles an assortment of domestic and international M&A and private equity matters for clients including NorthEdge. On the corporate finance side, Richard Hunt is the key contact. The team also advises on IPO’s and fundraisings; Adam Hastings has over two decades of experience in this area.
- Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire - Yorkshire and the Humber > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation