Andrew Williamson > Addleshaw Goddard > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Addleshaw Goddard Offices
3 SOVEREIGN SQUARE
- Go to...
Andrew is a real estate partner with a broad range of experience and expertise in all aspects of real estate but with a particular focus on the sale and purchase of significant investment property and large scale portfolios, investment and property management and acting for national occupiers throughout a range of sectors. Andrew leads large property teams for several of our major institutional and corporate occupier clients and on corporate transactions with a substantial property element. Acting for and leading a client team for Travelodge Hotels Limited in relation to its rapid expansion plans in the budget hotels sector for nearly ten years; leading a team of 32 lawyers acting for British Land in relation to a sale of a 50% share in the Meadowhall Shopping Centre (a deal valuing the complex at £1.53bn).
Trained Benson Flint (now Wake Smith) Sheffield; qualified 2000; commercial property solicitor lrwin Mitchell Solicitors (September 2000 to September 2004); real estate associate (September 2004 to September 2007), real estate managing associate (September 2007 to May 2009), real estate legal director (May 2009 to April 2015), real estate partner (May 2015 to date) Addleshaw Goddard.
The Hayfield Comprehensive School Doncaster; University of Humberside (now University of Lincoln) (1997 BA Hons Law & Business 2:1); Nottingham Law School (1998 LPC Commendation).
Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
Addleshaw Goddard‘s team is ‘very responsive, reasonably priced and provides the right advice at the right level’. It is a recognised regional leader in build-to-rent, senior living and student accommodation. It is also heavily involved in infrastructure and cultural developments and landmark regeneration schemes; in one key mandate, Ian Smith advised Kirklees Council on acquiring the site for the new National Rugby League Museum as part of the £250m Huddersfield regeneration project. Bruce Lightbody focuses on matters related to the retail industry, while Lucy Sturrock leads on hospitality and leisure sector mandates. Andrew Williamson is recommended for sales and purchases of investment properties and large-scale portfolios.
- Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire - Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation