Julie Middlemass > Addleshaw Goddard > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Addleshaw Goddard Offices
3 SOVEREIGN SQUARE
- Go to...
Julie is the national head of the property litigation team. Having trained and qualified in London, Julie has dealt exclusively with property litigation since 1991. Julie specialises in all forms of real estate litigation including dilapidations, complex lease renewals, rent review, rights of way disputes, insolvency and general property management work and acts for most of the firm’s real estate clients including Threadneedle, British land and Sainsburys. She frequently delivers seminars and training sessions, both internally and to external contacts and clients. She has particular experience of the wide range of legal issues that arise when managing large property portfolios including shopping centres. She also advisies key developers on the interpretation of agreements and their obligations under such agreements. A key aspect of Julie’s work is managing risk for these clients. Recent reported cases involve acting for Jolan Limited a landlord/developer in a complex and contested lease renewal and disputed exercise of a break clause at a prominent building in Manchester which involved a successful seven week trial in the high court, the decision from which was also upheld on appeal. The potential development includes a hotel and three retail units. Crosso No 4 Unlimited and Others v Jolan Limited and Others  EWCA Civ 1619 and also John Bemoley & Others v Philip Noble  EWHC 2657 (CH).
Trained Forsyte Kerman; qualified 1991; Forsyte Kerman 1991-92; CMS Cameron McKenna 1992-94; Booth & Co 1994-95; Addleshaw Goddard 2000 to date (formerly Addleshaw Booth & Co).
Sheffield University (1988 LLB Hons); Trent Polytechnic (1989 LSF).
Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate > Property litigation(Leading individuals)
Addleshaw Goddard handles the full spectrum of contentious property work for a client base spanning blue chip tenants, investors, developers and infrastructure providers with notable expertise advising on the contentious aspects of the management of shopping centres, litigation arising from company voluntary arrangements in the retail sector and trespasser evictions. Leeds-based Julie Middlemass heads up the national team, working with managing associates Elizabeth Cape and Chris McGrath, who handles landlord and tenant matters, and associate Louise Minshull, who focuses on mixed-use development mandates.
- Leading individuals - Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate > Property litigation
- Property litigation - Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Human resources > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Energy
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- Human resources > Pensions
- Insurance > Professional negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Public sector > Health
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Real estate > Planning