Mr Andy Bates > Addleshaw Goddard > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Addleshaw Goddard Offices
3 SOVEREIGN SQUARE
- Go to...
Mr Andy Bates
Business support and restructuring.
Partner in the business support and restructuring team specialising in advising insolvency practitioners, financial institutions and other stakeholders on all legal matters arising out of corporate restructurings and insolvencies and all related aspects of underperforming or distressed corporates. Andy has significant experience in handling distressed property assets, be that development, investment or buy to let.
Trained Addleshaw Goddard; qualified 2004; partner 2013.
Bradford Grammar School; University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne (2001, LLB, 2:1); York College of Law (2002, LPC, Distinction).
Andy Bates leads the ‘very experienced team’ at Addleshaw Goddard, which is recognised for its strong distressed real estate practice, and for its sizeable portfolio of high street banks, national corporates, insolvency practitioners and accountancy firms such as BDO, KPMG and Deloitte. Bates’ practice encompasses a mix of non-contentious bank and corporate adviser work. Managing associate Jonathan Jackson and director Emma Sadler make up the other key figures. Graham Briggs left the practice.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation