Mr Andy Bates > Addleshaw Goddard > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Addleshaw Goddard Offices
3 SOVEREIGN SQUARE
- Go to...
Mr Andy Bates
Business support and restructuring.
Partner in the business support and restructuring team specialising in advising insolvency practitioners, financial institutions and other stakeholders on all legal matters arising out of corporate restructurings and insolvencies and all related aspects of underperforming or distressed corporates. Andy has significant experience in handling distressed property assets, be that development, investment or buy to let.
Trained Addleshaw Goddard; qualified 2004; partner 2013.
Bradford Grammar School; University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne (2001, LLB, 2:1); York College of Law (2002, LPC, Distinction).
Yorkshire and the Humber > Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
Addleshaw Goddard sits on the panels of a raft of major banks, while the firm also receives a high number of instructions from insolvency practitioners. The team has notable expertise in the legal and energy sectors, dealing with insolvent law firms and failing energy suppliers. Group co-head Andy Bates focuses on non-contentious bank work while fellow co-head Graham Briggs primarily handles transactional and advisory work alongside some contentious experience. Managing associate Emma Sadler excels in larger corporate transactions including accelerated M&As and administration sales, while Andrew Fordham, who joined in 2018 from Squire Patton Boggs, is a key contact for corporate banking, leveraged finance work and real estate finance.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Human resources > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Energy
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- Human resources > Pensions
- Insurance > Professional negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Public sector > Health
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Real estate > Planning