David Shaw > Addleshaw Goddard > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Addleshaw Goddard Offices
3 SOVEREIGN SQUARE
- Go to...
Specialist in construction, including: utilities and major infrastructure, energy, transport, engineering and real estate development.
Trained Booth & Co; qualified 1996; solicitor Booth & Co/Addleshaw Booth/Addleshaw Goddard 1996-2005; legal director 2005-07; partner 2007.
Scalby School, Scarborough; Selwyn College, Cambridge (1993 Law, Double First); College of Law, York (1994 LPC with Distinction).
Music (grade 8 piano; also plays saxophone and flute), family, walking, swimming.
Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate > Construction(Leading individuals)
Addleshaw Goddard‘s construction practice handles high-profile local and national projects, covering engineering and infrastructure, regeneration and development, as well as complex construction litigation with key expertise in the energy, utilities and transport sectors. Non-contentious specialist James Reynolds heads up the Leeds real estate division while David Shaw specialises in utilities, energy and transport projects. Joe Wilkinson and legal director Ally MacKenzie focus on construction and engineering disputes, John Emerton handles energy and infrastructure-related disputes, and managing associate Niamh Batterton advises on development schemes.
Yorkshire and the Humber > Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Energy
Addleshaw Goddard‘s practice counts ‘Big Six’ energy companies and high-profile corporates as key clients, which it advises on all issues across power, nuclear, renewables, oil and gas, water and energy litigation. Richard Goodfellow, Paul Dight and John Emerton jointly lead the team; Goodfellow specialises in downstream energy work, Dight handles energy infrastructure and regulation matters, and Emerton is an energy sector litigator. James Reynolds leads the nuclear team, David Shaw focuses on utilities work while managing associate Alex Clayton has experience in smart metering projects.
- Construction - Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate
- Energy - Yorkshire and the Humber > Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI)
- Leading individuals - Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate > Construction
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Human resources > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Energy
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- Human resources > Pensions
- Insurance > Professional negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Public sector > Health
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Real estate > Planning