Sally Hulston > Addleshaw Goddard > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Addleshaw Goddard Offices
3 SOVEREIGN SQUARE
- Go to...
Partner and Head of Employment, Leeds
Sally is a Partner in the Employment Group, and heads up the Employment team in Leeds.
As an Employment Lawyer with over 15 years’ experience, Sally works closely with clients to provide straight-forward, practical and commercial advice on a wide variety of employment issues, drawing upon the experience she has gained during two client secondments (one to British Airways Plc and one to Asda Stores Limited).
This includes advice in relation to recruitment, service agreements, executive terminations, discrimination, TUPE and outsourcing, redundancy and change management, restrictive covenants, complex grievance complaints and industrial relations issues.
Sally’s key specialism, however, is employment litigation, acting for private and public companies on a variety of complaints including contractual disputes, claims for unfair dismissal, discrimination, whistleblowing and equal pay. She has also defended claims in the Appellate Courts and has experience of ACAS arbitrations and negotiating settlement agreements.
She regularly gives training and talks and contributes to the press. She is a core member of the Firm’s Retail & Consumer sector group and runs various sector-based events and seminars.
Employment Lawyers Association
Altrincham Grammar School for Girls, Cheshire
Georgraphy & Economics BA Hons, Leeds University (First Class)
CPE, York College of Law (Commendation)
LPC, York College of Law (Distinction)
Sport (particularly running and netball)
Yorkshire and the Humber > Human resources > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire(Next Generation Partners)
Addleshaw Goddard has a long-established reputation in Leeds, acting for household names on a broad range of contentious and non-contentious work. Employment litigator Sally Hulston leads the ‘very pragmatic and sensible‘ team, which has more than doubled in size since 2017-18, expanding its remit to include new offerings such as business immigration advice. Gerri Elliott is also recognised for her work on complex issues relating to insolvency, trade union or equal pay issues.
- Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire - Yorkshire and the Humber > Human resources
- Next Generation Partners - Yorkshire and the Humber > Human resources > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Human resources > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Energy
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- Human resources > Pensions
- Insurance > Professional negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Public sector > Health
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Real estate > Planning