Steve Bousher > Joseph Hage Aaronson LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Joseph Hage Aaronson LLP Offices
280 HIGH HOLBORN
- Go to...
Senior Associate dealing with a wide range of tax disputes including:
- representing a high-profile individual in connection with their participation in what HMRC considered a tax avoidance film scheme,
- advising a major UK company in relation to its use of a captive insurance company
- advising a UK property company in relation to the appropriate accounting treatment of a disposal of property
- advising an offshore property developer in relation to its UK property development activity
- advising a corporate recipient of an onerous 3rd party information notice
- advising on ‘unallowable purpose’
- advising on COP8 and COP9 enquiries
Steve is a barrister and a senior associate. He was called to the Bar in 1975 and pursued a lengthy career in the Solicitor’s Office of the Inland Revenue (latterly, HM Revenue & Customs) ending up in a senior position in that office.
Whilst working in the public sector Steve undertook a broad range of tax and public law work involving both advisory and litigation work. He has conducted litigation before all levels of the English and Welsh courts and tribunals, and the Court of Justice of the European Union. As a well as a period working as a Team Leader on the Tax Law Rewrite, he was also involved with the preparation of a number of Finance Bills.
Steve joined JHA in 2014 and is a member of the tax disputes team.
Grays Inn (called 1975)
Southampton University; LLB (1973)
College of Law; Bar Finals (1975)