Firm Profile > Bell Lax Limited > Birmingham, England
Bell Lax Limited Offices
NEW BANK HOUSE
21 MANEY CORNER, SUTTON COLDFIELD
Bell Lax Limited > The Legal 500 Rankings
The commercial disputes practice at Bell Lax Limited acts for SME businesses and individuals as claimants and defendants in a range of litigation. Practice head Richard Kerry specialises in insurance and professional negligence litigation, while Peter Lax's expertise spans commercial, professional negligence and construction disputes. Solicitor Jo Wright attracts praise for her 'good commercial judgment'.
‘The team has experience of significant sized project-related disputes. They are a go-to team in their fields.‘
‘My view is that Bell Lax (BL) are a progressive firm with proactive and client-centric fee earners. They are quick to engage, have strong commercial experience and focus on outcomes.‘
‘Richard Kerry – clients trust him and he brings focus to cases.‘
‘Jo Wright is diligent, conscientious and finds the devil lying in the detail in every case. She gives calm, assured and practical advice and gives clients a truly personal and dedicated service.’
‘Richard Kerry is a talented lawyer with great instincts and insight. He can give forthright advice when needed and will fight a client’s corner fearlessly.‘
‘Richard Kerry is a very authoritative and well-respected name around the region. Jo Wright is a diligent associate and has good commercial judgment.‘
‘Tight-knit team which regularly punches above its weight in terms of client base. Low cost base compared to city centre practices, but equivalent quality in a variety of disputes.‘
‘Small firm with a good depth of experience and easy to work with. Think ahead on their case load / proactive. Always see the bigger picture.‘
RGB P & C Limited
RGB Plastering Limited
Blue Fish Water Management Ltd
Bell Lax Limited > Firm Profile
The firm: Bell Lax was founded in 1995 as a boutique litigation firm, offering city centre expertise at a reasonable and competitive cost. We pioneered no win no fee, also known as CFA agreements for litigation claims, and continue to offer alternative funding arrangements for our clients.
In terms of expertise Bell Lax punches well above its size, our legal experts match large firms point by point.
We are problem solvers as well as expert litigators, which means we help clients avoid costly litigation in favour of dispute resolution.
We continue to grow and develop with stability in an ever changing legal landscape.
Areas of practice: We specialise in three areas of law:
- Professional Negligence
- Breach of Contract.
- Construction Disputes with a focus on complex adjudications and structural defects.
- Director and Shareholder disputes – Including Unfair Prejudice Petitions, Partnership Disputes.
- Disputes over Probate, Wills and Inheritance.
- Commercial Property and Landlord and Tenant Disputes.
Medical negligence and Personal injury
- Catastrophic injury claims, including brain and spinal injuries
- Amputation and burn injuries
- Construction and building site injury claims
- Fatal Accidents
- Accidents at work, including crushing injuries
- Pregnancy and Birth related negligence
- Claims against Hospitals & The NHS for negligence
- Claims for misdiagnosis or late diagnosis of serious conditions or diseases, such as cancer or Cauda Equina.
- Claims against Care and Nursing homes for neglect – pressure sores & sepsis.
- Accidents on the road, pedestrian, cyclist and serious injuries due to vehicle accidents.
- Slips and Trips.
- Complex and straight forward divorce, either contested or non-contested
- Financial matters including, the family home, additional properties, pension sharing orders, insurance policies, and spousal maintenance.
- Co-habitation disputes, including claims under ToLata, and co-habitation contract agreements (before setting up a home together).
- Wealth Protection
- Pre and post nuptial agreements
- Children matters, including financial arrangements, visitation, injunctions and variation orders.
|Clinical Negligence & Personal Injury||Stuart Andrewsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Commercial & Civil Litgation||Richard Kerryemail@example.com|
|Construction Disputes & Medical Negligence||Natalie Bradshawfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Family Law||Jeet Panesaremail@example.com|
|Mr Stuart Andrews||Director and Head of the Personal Injury & Clinical Negligence Team. Stuart…||View Profile|
|Mrs Natalie Bradshaw||Director||View Profile|
|Ms Angela Davis||Consultant (COLP)||View Profile|
|Miss Wioleta Dworak||Trainee Solicitor||View Profile|
|Mrs Charlotte Green||Chartered Legal Executive||View Profile|
|Miss Aimee Herbert||2019 – Trainee SolicitorLitigation Support Lawyer||View Profile|
|Mr Richard Kerry||Richard heads our commercial disputes team at Bell Lax. Richard has extensive…||View Profile|
|Mr Peter Lax||Consultant||View Profile|
|Mrs Gurjeet (Jeet) Panesar||Solicitor in the Family Law Team. Divorce, Finances in divorce, separation &…||View Profile|
|Mr Joe Price||Litigation Executive||View Profile|
|Mrs Sumiya Qureshi-Nawaz||Litigation Support Lawyer (Paralegal). Specialising in all aspects of personal injury law,…||View Profile|
|Ms Saira Walji||Solicitor-Advocate (High Court Civil Proceedings)||View Profile|
|Mrs Emily Walker||Personal Injury Solicitor at Bell Lax||View Profile|
|Mrs Joanne Wright||Solicitor||View Profile|