Dmytro Chekavskyi > CANDEY > London, England > Lawyer Profile
8 STONE BUILDINGS
- Go to...
Litigation: Corporate & Commercial
Dmytro completed his legal studies and undertook the LPC at BPP London in 2018. Prior to that Dmytro worked at a dispute resolution boutique Ukrainian law firm in Kyiv. Dmytro has been admitted to Ukrainian Bar since 2012 and in addition to English, is fluent in Ukrainian and Russian.
Current and recent matters:
- Representing a CEE gas buyer in Commercial Court regarding contested fees due for discovery services in litigation.
- Representing a CEE pharmaceutical company in a Paris-seated ICC arbitration regarding breach of non-compete obligations by counterparties.
- Representing a high-net-worth individual in defending bankruptcy proceedings where the other side is claiming around £20 million brought under a foreign judgment.
- Successfully settling a dispute between an airline company in a dispute against its former English solicitors relating to over-charging and excess of estimates of legal fees (circa £800,000) in an underlying London-seated LCIA arbitration.
- Successfully resisted an extradition request brought by the Russian Federation regarding a high-net-worth individual residing in the UK. The request was related to an alleged fraud against Gazprom Neft PJSC.
English, Ukrainian and Russian.