Geraint Pinches > gunnercooke LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
gunnercooke LLP Offices
53 KING STREET
- Go to...
Geraint qualified as a solicitor in 2006 and was latterly at a well-known commercial firm in Leeds where he was made a partner only seven years after qualifying. Understanding that disputes cause businesses unwanted distraction, Geraint delivers a very responsive, decisive and client-focused service which concentrates on getting a commercial result quickly. Unlike some lawyers, he does not get bogged down in unimportant detail, or waste time and money in points scoring. Geraint’s practice can be broken down into two principal areas: commercial disputes and real estate disputes.
In the former area, he has particular experience of B2B disputes in all market sectors, including IT, professional services, sale of goods and services, commercial agency, distribution and franchises. He has also acted for both claimants and defendants in professional negligence claims (for and against solicitors, accountants, surveyors and other professionals). Some of his key work has been bringing, and defending, claims for minority shareholder prejudice and breach of directors’ duties.
In the area of real estate disputes, Geraint has over twelve years’ experience dealing with the full range of contentious commercial landlord and tenant matters, including disputed 1954 Act lease renewals, dilapidations, lease forfeiture, trespass, nuisance, disputes relating to easements and rights of way, and rent/service charge recovery. A number of his recent instructions have included applying for urgent injunctive relief to prevent trespass and nuisance. The majority of Geraint’s work is in the High Court and appellate courts. Two of his cases have also reached the Supreme Court. He is trusted adviser and ‘go to lawyer’ for a number of national and international companies.
Previous Law Firms
- Lupton Fawcett LLP, Leeds — Partner
- Gordons LLP, Leeds — Senior Solicitor
- Nabarro LLP — Associate
- hlw Keeble Hawson LLP, Leeds — Trainee Solicitor
- Durham University — BA (Hons) English Literature
- Leeds University — LLM Master of Laws
- Leeds Grammar School
- Former Trustee and Governor of a free school for children with learning difficulties
- Private Pilot’s Licence: recreational flying which has taken him as far as Finland, Lithuania, Croatia and Italy
- Country pursuits
- Reading and music (now mainly appreciating, but in his former years he was a trained tenor and amateur dramaticist).