Lesley Davis > Shakespeare Martineau LLP > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Shakespeare Martineau LLP Offices
NO 1 COLMORE SQUARE
- Go to...
Lesley works closely with her clients to assist and guide in all aspects of complex estate planning and asset protection including trust and estate administration after death, Wills and Powers of Attorney.
Lesley helps families navigate their way through complex succession and tax landscapes involving trusts and estate administrations after death. Working closely with succeeding generations to secure the best outcome for all, Lesley can help find the most tax efficient outcome while ensuring family cohesion is maintained.
“When the call comes in from a client knowing that we can help, putting their trust in us is both the greatest honour and best reward.”
Lesley is a member of the Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners (STEP).
Andrew Wilkinson heads the department at Shakespeare Martineau LLP which has considerable experience in the social housing and education sectors. Core areas of focus include advising on complex corporate transactions, various governance, regulatory and constitutional matters as well issues regarding legacies. Lesley Davis is well-regarded for her work in setting up and managing charitable trusts, foundations and CIOs while Smita Jamdar regularly assists leading universities on a wide array of governance, student facing and constitutional matters. Michael Hibbs advises on various HR and employment law matters. Rachel Gwynne is also recommended whereas Catherine Rustomji recently joined the team from Browne Jacobson LLP.
Shakespeare Martineau LLP has a well-established reputation for its work on a vast array of wealth, tax and succession planning matters for families, landed estates, entrepreneurs and business owners. It is also adept at providing elderly client advice and helping those who have personal injury trusts. Lesley Davis is a key figure whose areas of focus include advising on charitable trusts, CIOS, family investment companies and powers of attorney. Hannah Tait acts for clients ranging from lottery winners to those with farming and business interests while Verity Kirby is particularly recommended for her work with business owners, wealthy individuals and their families on their estate and succession planning.
- Leading individuals - West Midlands > Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Personal tax, trusts and probate - West Midlands > Private client
- Charities and not-for-profit - West Midlands > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Private client > Family: Birmingham
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Social housing
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Private client > Family: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant