Nicholas Briggs > Shakespeare Martineau LLP > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Shakespeare Martineau LLP Offices
NO 1 COLMORE SQUARE
- Go to...
Commercial & IP
Nick helps UK and international clients enforce and protect their Intellectual Property rights, and defends those accused of infringing IPRs.
Nick conducts litigation, often with an international and European jurisdictional element, in all the UK Courts, in cases concerning patents, confidential information, databases, designs, trade marks and copyright, as well as matters involving advertising, privacy law, reputation and defamation.
Nick has a particular reputation for patent litigation and his strong technical background has enabled him to conduct cases across a wide variety of technical fields, ranging from complex machinery to medical devices.
“It’s all about our clients – it’s a privilege to be part of such a great team who are all committed to looking after them in such an interesting area of law.”
The team at Shakespeare Martineau LLP excels in handling litigation within the telecoms, construction, retail, life sciences and manufacturing sectors, a lot of which involves cross-jurisdictional elements. The firm also has a particular niche in handling a variety of non-contentious IP law issues for universities, especially regarding trade marks and licenses. The team is headed by Nicholas Briggs , whose work has an emphasis on patent litigation and other contentious work. Mauro Paiano has experience in all forms of litigation before the high court and associate Daniel Goodall ‘s broad caseload includes IP creation, protection and enforcement mandates.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Private client > Family: Birmingham
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Social housing
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Private client > Family: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant