Peter Snodgrass > Shakespeare Martineau LLP > Stratford upon Avon, England > Lawyer Profile
Shakespeare Martineau LLP Offices
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Real Estate Disputes
Partner & Head of Agriculture
Peter advises his farming and landowning clients on a wide variety of matters from partnerships to agricultural tenancies.
He has specialised in farms and rural land since doing his articles at Burges Salmon. He has worked in the Midlands for the last 25 years, advising on all aspects of rural property and farm partnerships.
He has a particular specialism in tenancies governed by the Agricultural Holdings Act 1986, as well as farm business tenancies.
Peter leads our Agriculture team. The team deal with land purchases, options, promotion agreements, tenancies, rights over land and all kinds of agricultural disputes.
Clients include the National Farmers’ Union, National Grid, landowning estates and charitable trusts.
Peter is Secretary and a trustee to the Addington Fund, a charity dedicated to assisting farmers in times of extreme pressure on their businesses.
West Midlands > Private client > Agriculture and estates(Leading individuals)
Shakespeare Martineau LLP is best known for its work on natural capital projects. Under the direction of Peter Snodgrass , the team has been busy advising on various transactions relating to farms and rural land as well as renewable energy schemes, agricultural tenancies and providing succession planning and tax advice to its farming clients. Snodgrass is recognised for his work on agricultural tenancies and farm partnerships. Other core areas of focus for the practice are farm litigation and advising on farm partnership breakdowns. Jennie Wheildon receives plaudits for her work on a variety of complex property matters while Iwan Williams joined the group from Charles Russell Speechlys LLP.
- Agriculture and estates - West Midlands > Private client
- Leading individuals - West Midlands > Private client > Agriculture and estates
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Private client > Family: Birmingham
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Social housing
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Private client > Family: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant