Richard Vernon > Shakespeare Martineau LLP > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Shakespeare Martineau LLP Offices
WATERFRONT PLAZA, 35 STATION STREET
35 Station Street
- Go to...
Richard works with a range of businesses, from speculative start-ups to multinational organisations, advising on acquisitions, restructurings, funding streams and exits.
As a member of the Nottingham corporate team, Richard works closely with businesses across the East Midlands, but also for those based across the county and Europe.
Richard has particular experience (and just as importantly, interest) in advising fast-growing tech and life sciences businesses.
Shakespeare Martineau LLP typically advises on transactions valued at up to £20m, but has an equally strong record on much larger deals. With Duncan James and Ed Wright leading on the corporate and commercial sides of the practice respectively, the firm undertakes mandates for clients in a wide range of sectors, including energy, logistics, life sciences, banking, engineering and manufacturing, and IT services. Roger Harcourt heads up the healthcare sector team. A notable strength of Wright’s practice is that his core commercial contracts expertise is complemented by his knowledge about related areas, such as competition, intellectual property, IT and public procurement. Richard Vernon is another name to note. In addition to handling domestic corporate and commercial matters, the firm’s overall offering is rounded out by its membership of the global Multilaw network, which enables it to attract cross-border work.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Human resources > Employment
- Real estate > Environment & planning
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Professional negligence