Peter Dilks > Shakespeare Martineau LLP > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Shakespeare Martineau LLP Offices
WATERFRONT PLAZA, 35 STATION STREET
35 Station Street
- Go to...
Commercial Property & Development
Pete prides himself on delivering results for clients, who value his commercial experience as much as his real estate legal expertise. He heads a market leading real estate energy team focusing on innovative solutions to renewable energy and flexible energy generation.
Pete also specialises in commercial and residential development, with a particular emphasis on strategic projects and design and build developments.
His clients typically include developers and investors.
Shakespeare Martineau LLP has a focus on assisting developer clients throughout the whole lifecycle of developments, from initial option acquisition to development funding and sale. Further key areas of work relate to acting for various players from the financial markets on acquisitions of property investments, secured lending and short-term development finance. The team has sector specialisations in the later living and healthcare as well as, and in particular, the energy sector where it advises energy developers and infrastructure investors on a variety of schemes, including large-scale battery storage projects. Peter Dilks heads the practice and provides clients with ‘commercially sound solutions’. ‘Hard working and diligent’ John Buckley joined as legal director from Tees Law in October 2021.
With a strong national and international presence, the energy and utilities team at Shakespeare Martineau LLP spent much of 2021 advising on the collapse of a number of prominent energy suppliers, including Green Supplier, Pure Planet and Daligas. Areas of focus for the team include renewable projects, customer contracts, industry metering agreements and wholesale energy trading, as well as handling regulatory investigations. Team leader Andrew Whitehead is a specialist energy regulatory and contracts lawyer who works with many of the firm’s top clients. He is supported by Peter Dilks , who covers real estate with a focus on energy developments, as well as Ian Griffiths, who specialises in energy infrastructure and construction.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Employment > Employment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Insurance > Professional negligence