Peter Dilks > Shakespeare Martineau LLP > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Shakespeare Martineau LLP Offices
WATERFRONT PLAZA, 35 STATION STREET
35 Station Street
- Go to...
Peter prides himself on delivering results for clients, who value his commercial experience as much as his real estate legal expertise.
Peter heads a market leading real estate energy team focusing on innovative solutions to renewable energy and flexible energy generation. Peter also specialises in commercial and residential development, with a particular emphasis on strategic projects and design and build developments.
His clients typically include developers and investors.
- Shakespeare Martineau supports the sale of head office of Nottingham software firm
- Energy team successfully completes lease for 33MW battery storage facility
- Celebrating success: Our Q2 roundup of deals and client wins
Pete’s SHMA® ON DEMAND content
Shakespeare Martineau LLP‘s team predominantly acts for utilities and renewable energy clients; currently, the team is advising National Grid on its entire suite of balancing services agreements used in the UK. Andrew Whitehead, who leads the firm’s work for National Grid, has over 20 years of experience in energy regulation, which he leverages to advise several major clients including Npower, Shell and Octopus Energy. Peter Dilks is a go-to contact for energy clients engaged in infrastructure projects, and Ian Griffiths is also recommended for his depth of expertise in a wide range of energy projects.
Shakespeare Martineau LLP advises on the full spectrum of commercial development issues from the initial site acquisitions through to construction matters and the eventual investment sales. Peter Dilks, who leads the national real estate team from Nottingham, is an expert in strategic commercial promotion agreements. The energy sector is one of the firm’s niches; in 2020, Dilks, often in collaboration with legal director Rachel Kent, advised on multiple battery storage development projects, both within the local area and nationally. Brendan Walsh departed to join gunnercooke LLP in March 2020.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Employment > Employment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Insurance > Professional negligence