Philip Pepper > Shakespeare Martineau LLP > Leicester, England > Lawyer Profile
Shakespeare Martineau LLP Offices
TWO COLTON SQUARE
- Go to...
Partner & Head of Commercial, IP & Employment
Phil works in partnership with HR and senior management teams by providing commercially driven advice, which is both pragmatic and outcome focused.
Head of our employment team, Phil has established a reputation by advising and assisting a variety of organisations from SME’s to multinational companies. He doesn’t shy away from controversial issues having represented a number of clients in the High Court, EAT, Court of Appeal, Supreme Court and ECJ.
His clients include high street retailers, manufacturers, logistics organisations, breweries, and professional bodies across the UK.
“Delivering outstanding client service at good value is at the heart of what we do and achieve. We work in partnership with our clients to achieve the results required.”
The employment team at Shakespeare Martineau LLP acts for both employees and employers across all sectors on a wide range of advisory and contentious matters, regularly providing employment advice on major mergers and acquisitions. Contentious matters that the team has recently acted on include large and complex discrimination and whistleblowing matters. Rhys Wyborn and Philip Pepper lead the East Midlands team with the latter also being head of the commercial, IP and employment team nationally. Sandeep Leighs is experienced in complex restructurings. The firm opened new offices in Lincoln at the beginning of 2021.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Employment > Employment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Insurance > Professional negligence